• 3(current)
Release Mezzmo Kodi addon UPnP/DLNA Library Sharing Support Thread
I am curious how many of you play movie trailers with the Mezzmo Kodi addon ? I ask because the current approach, integrating into the movie information window only allows for a single trailer. In fact Kodi itself only natively supports a single trailer unless you use another Kodi addon, which may work with Mezzmo and other uPNP servers and requires managing another addon. I've developed a potential  approach to support multiple trailers from Mezzmo within the Kodi addon but am wondering how much interest there is ?

The approach would add another context menu item called "Play Trailers" (or similar) probably below the Mezzmo Mark Watched/unWatched menu item. When you click on it, it will provide a listing of available trailers from Mezzmo (i.e. Trailer 1, Trailer 2, Trailer 3 etc...). You would be able to click on each one to play or cancel out.  My hesitation is limiting the additional context menu items.  At some point it could be too much and there is a limit on context menu additions. 

If I added this feature I can also add it for non-Mezzmo uPNP servers but I haven't found one yet which provides trailer info.  I am still testing. 

Thoughts and feedback ?

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
The official production releases of the Kodi 18 1.1.5.4 and Kodi 19 2.1.5.4 versions of the Mezzmo Kodi addon have been published. 
These versions have a couple of enhancements including providing an option for how TV episodes are determined for syncing to Kodi
and adding integrated support for up to 20 movie trailers

Release note details

• Added option for supporting Season 0 episodes 0. Episodes are determined
by season and episode numbers if option is by episode/season and by category
being TV Show in Mezzmo if option is category. Default is episode/season.
• Added optional support for multiple trailers per movie (up to 20).
• Fixed missing label in addon View Settings.
• Simplified sync process logging

Here's a link to the full release note detailed history.

If you are running v1.1.4.4 or v2.1.4.4 or higher the addon will update automatically from the repo.  If not, you can use the links
provided above.

Thanks, 

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
I've posted a Kodi 19 test release of the Mezzmo Kodi addon which improves using the Mezzmo Kodi addon from the native Kodi interface.
While you've always been able to play Mezzmo video content via the main Kodi skin interface without launching the addon GUI, there were
significant limitations and missing features with this approach. This test release closes many of those gaps.

The test release can be downloaded here .

For more information, please see the Wiki page for native Kodi access.

A few notes on the new feature:
  • Significant improvement in artwork, metadata and similar for native Kodi viewing of Mezzmo content.
  • Additional Mezzmo context menu item to add functionality
  • There are some feature limitations using the native interface.

Note that after installing the addon some features around metadata viewing of the cast and similar will not be available until the daily sync
process runs or if you clear the Mezzmo data in the Kodi database manually.

Once there's been sufficient testing I will push this out as an official release and you'll receive it automatically.

Feedback is welcome.

Thanks,

Jeff
This is not work 4me... on my W10 ihave Kodi 19 and 20 and also Plex SErver, which work... via web browser i can watching what i want... Mezzmo addon find only my PC as upnp device...
Kodi find Plex SErver and when i add as upnp i can see all folders with all movies and series but i cant play anything...
HTPC W1064bit, Kodi 21
Geforce 1050Ti 4GB
Sony Android TV XE 9005
(2022-05-18, 14:36)webmaher Wrote: This is not work 4me... on my W10 ihave Kodi 19 and 20 and also Plex SErver, which work... via web browser i can watching what i want... Mezzmo addon find only my PC as upnp device...
Kodi find Plex SErver and when i add as upnp i can see all folders with all movies and series but i cant play anything...

With the Mezzmo Kodi addon you need to enable generic uPNP support in the settings (disable Only Show Mezzmo servers option) and turn on DLNA mode in Plex. Here's more information on uPNP support in the addon.  I'd also suggest using the latest production version of the addon, v2.1.5.4 since you are leveraging uPNP mode.  The test version improves native skin support and is still a test release.

Jeff
yes i know ... but no go  Confused
HTPC W1064bit, Kodi 21
Geforce 1050Ti 4GB
Sony Android TV XE 9005
(2022-05-18, 14:58)webmaher Wrote: yes i know ... but no go  Confused

It's not finding your Plex server ?  I've seen issue before with Kodi on Windows 10 running the addon having issues finding uPNP devices.  uPNP uses a broadcast method to find devices.  Here's a couple of potential fixes:
  • Increase the timeout value in the addon settings  .  Try increasing the Server Search Time value.
  • Try logging out and back in on Windows 10 and retry the server discovery process.
These generally fix the issue.  I've contemplated adding an option for users to input there server IP address, in case the discovery process has issues.  I'll give it some more thought.

Jeff
Increasing SS time to 500sec, restart PC and also sign out and in dont help... my monitor is LG TV and even tv can find PLexSErver but when i want to play movie or serie i got something like unrecognized format to play  Sad
HTPC W1064bit, Kodi 21
Geforce 1050Ti 4GB
Sony Android TV XE 9005
(2022-05-18, 15:55)webmaher Wrote: Increasing SS time to 500sec, restart PC and also sign out and in dont help... my monitor is LG TV and even tv can find PLexSErver but when i want to play movie or serie i got something like unrecognized format to play  Sad

Is your PC and Plex server on the same network ?  Are they both wired ?  Does your router have uPNP enabled ?  If so, you might try disabling it.  Lastly, can you look in the logs and you will find a section like this:

2022-05-18 08:52:28.251 T:30768  NOTICE: Mezzmo server search: 12 uPNP servers found.
2022-05-18 08:52:28.284 T:30768  NOTICE: Mezzmo uPNP server url: http://192.168.0.35:32469/DeviceDescription.xml
2022-05-18 08:52:28.522 T:30768  NOTICE: Mezzmo uPNP server url: http://192.168.0.35:2869/upnphost/udhisapi.dll?c
2022-05-18 08:52:28.755 T:30768  NOTICE: Mezzmo uPNP server url: http://192.168.0.35:9000/dev0/desc.xml
2022-05-18 08:52:29.000 T:30768  NOTICE: Mezzmo uPNP server url: http://192.168.0.104:80/dms/device.xml
2022-05-18 08:52:50.274 T:30768  NOTICE: Mezzmo uPNP server not responding: http://192.168.0.35:53168/desc

Can you post what is in your logs ?

Thanks,

Jeff
(2022-05-18, 15:55)webmaher Wrote: Increasing SS time to 500sec, restart PC and also sign out and in dont help... my monitor is LG TV and even tv can find PLexSErver but when i want to play movie or serie i got something like unrecognized format to play  Sad

If you are up for it, can you try this version of the addon ?  I've increased the SSDP discovery retry timer to 3, which will give the addon more chances to see the server responses.  If this works I can make it a setting in the addon.

Update:  Also be aware that the discovery process is a one time thing unless you hit refresh.  Once the addon discovers a uPNP server it will talk to it directly afterwards.  If the server is down or it can't reach the server it you provide a popup message and put an entry in the logs:

2022-05-18 08:52:28.755 T:30768  NOTICE: Mezzmo uPNP server url: http://192.168.0.35:9000/dev0/desc.xml
2022-05-18 08:52:29.000 T:30768  NOTICE: Mezzmo uPNP server url: http://192.168.0.104:80/dms/device.xml
2022-05-18 08:52:50.274 T:30768  NOTICE: Mezzmo uPNP server not responding: http://192.168.0.35:53168/desc
2022-05-18 08:52:53.505 T:30768  NOTICE: Mezzmo uPNP server url: http://192.168.0.34:52478/

Thanks,

Jeff
not work... i also try on my brothers W10 pc which is in the same LAN and OK... only on my PC with Mezzmo addon cant find Plex SErver...stranger things season 4 is already here  Big Grin
HTPC W1064bit, Kodi 21
Geforce 1050Ti 4GB
Sony Android TV XE 9005
(2022-05-18, 17:08)webmaher Wrote: not work... i also try on my brothers W10 pc which is in the same LAN and OK... only on my PC with Mezzmo addon cant find Plex SErver...stranger things season 4 is already here  Big Grin

Maybe try a full reboot on your PC.  Also take a look at your local firewall settings.  uPNP discovery runs on port 1900 UDP.  So the addon is working on and can play Plex content on your brother's PC ?  if so, worst can you can copy the addon settings file from his PC to your PC and the addon will have the server list and should operate.

Jeff
An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.1.5.5) and
Kodi v19+ (v2.1.5.5) have been posted on GitHub. These versions are focused
on improving the experience when using Kodi in native mode and browsing /
playing content directly from the Kodi skin. While this has been possible since
the first Kodi DB sync features were added, it was never intended to be operated
in native mode. The ability was just a side effect of populating the Kodi DB. These
versions improve native mode operation.

v1.1.5.5 Kodi 18

• New native Kodi mode options and additional metadata synchronization
including genre, year, actor/actress, IMDB number and bookmarks.

v2.1.5.5 Kodi 19+

• New native Kodi mode options and additional metadata synchronization
including genre, year, actor/actress, IMDB number and bookmarks.

If you have version 1.1.4.4 or 2.1.4.4 installed (or higher) and automatic updates
are enabled this update will be automatic over the next 24 hrs. Otherwise please
use the links below for manual installation.

There are separate links for the Kodi 18 and Kodi 19 versions. The Kodi 19 version is based upon the
latest Kodi 18 v1.1.5.5 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19+ link

Click on the download source as a zip option and then to add it to Kodi by using the install from zip file option.

You can find more information on the native mode operation on the Wiki page. Note that when you first enable
native mode you will need to wait until the addon completes a daily sync cycle to update some of the Kodi data
format in order to properly display metadata. You can also clear the Mezzmo data in the Kodi DB if you would
like to speed up the process. Once a complete sync cycle has occurred everything should operate as expected.

Feedback and feature requests are always welcome. I would like to understand how many of you use
the addon to play music from Mezzmo ? This could help guide future feature development.

Thanks,

Jeff
An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.1.5.6) and
Kodi v19+ (v2.1.5.6) have been posted on GitHub. These versions continue
with the native mode feature enhancements and additional error checking.

v1.1.5.6 Kodi 18

• Added native mode support for viewing all actors from skin option for
TV Shows. This had been available for movies but not TV Shows. The
default is disabled for this setting.
• Added database locking detection for the Kodi and Mezzmo10 databases
during maintenance activities.

v2.1.5.6 Kodi 19+

• Added native mode support for viewing all actors from skin option for
TV Shows. This had been available for movies but not TV Shows. The
default is disabled for this setting.
• Added database locking detection for the Kodi and Mezzmo10 databases
during maintenance activities.

If you have version 1.1.4.4 or 2.1.4.4 installed (or higher) and automatic updates
are enabled this update will be automatic over the next 24 hrs. Otherwise please

There are separate links for the Kodi 18 and Kodi 19 versions. The Kodi 19 version is based upon the
latest Kodi 18 v1.1.5.6 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19+ link

Click on the download source as a zip option and then to add it to Kodi by using the install from zip file option.

You can find more information on the native mode operation on the Wiki page. Note that when you first enable
native mode you will need to wait until the addon completes a daily sync cycle to update some of the Kodi data
format in order to properly display metadata. You can also clear the Mezzmo data in the Kodi DB if you would
like to speed up the process. Once a complete sync cycle has occurred everything should operate as expected.

Feedback and feature requests are always welcome. I would like to understand how many of you use
the addon to play music from Mezzmo ? This could help guide future feature development.

Thanks,

Jeff
An updated version of the Mezzmo Kodi addon for both Kodi v18 (v1.1.5.7) and
Kodi v19+ (v2.1.5.7) have been posted on GitHub. These versions continue
with the native mode feature enhancements.

v1.1.5.7 Kodi 18

• Added option for synchronizing Mezzmo Keywords to Kodi Tags in native
   mode operation.

v2.1.5.7 Kodi 19+

•Added option for synchronizing Mezzmo Keywords to Kodi Tags in native
   mode operation.

latest Kodi 18 v1.1.5.7 code.

Kodi 18 link

Kodi 19+ link

For those interested in Kodi Nexus compatibility the Kodi 19 version has been updated to support the Nexus
database numbering scheme but full testing hasn't occurred.  This is planned for the near future.

Thanks,

Jeff
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mezzmo Kodi addon UPnP/DLNA Library Sharing Support Thread0