Enable additional posters on movie information page?
Hi,

is it possible to enable additional posters on the movie information page? What I want to achieve is, that the skin automatically loops through all the posters available showing every X seconds a different poster. This is possible with Aeon Nox: Silvo, but I could not figure out how to achieve it within Amber.

If it is not possible by changing some settings or installing an addon, can it be done by modding the skin?

I am using Amber 3.4.11 with Kodi 19.3.

Kind regards
(2022-02-08, 12:19)Johnson_Stgt Wrote: Hi,

is it possible to enable additional posters on the movie information page? What I want to achieve is, that the skin automatically loops through all the posters available showing every X seconds a different poster. This is possible with Aeon Nox: Silvo, but I could not figure out how to achieve it within Amber.

If it is not possible by changing some settings or installing an addon, can it be done by modding the skin?

I am using Amber 3.4.11 with Kodi 19.3.

Kind regards

@Johnson_Stgt , it seems I had removed this sometime ago.  I just added it back on GitHub (https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin...master.zip) . 

If you download that zip file, open it, and change the name of the folder inside the zip file, by removing the "-master" from the end of it.  Close the zip file again, and then install the new Amber version by going to Settings, Addons, Install from Zip file, and choosing the zip file that you downloaded.

This will take you to Amber version 3.4.32, with all of the latest changes.  If you do not feel comfortable updating from GitHub or opening zip files, you can also download the Amber for Matrix repository (https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/repo...-1.0.2.zip), and install from zip within Kodi.  This will keep Amber updated fairly frequently, as I update my repo a lot more frequently than I update the Kodi repo.

The latest change to add what you requested is not in the Amber repo for Matrix yet.  Give me a couple of days, and I will upload a new version to the repo.

Once you have a version with the change, the additional posters should show up the same as they do in Aeon Nox SiLVO.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2022-02-08, 15:31)bsoriano Wrote: @Johnson_Stgt , it seems I had removed this sometime ago.  I just added it back on GitHub (https://github.com/bartolomesoriano/skin...master.zip) . 

Thank you very much! Works perfectly!

However, it seems to me like the "Show Fanart Background on Sub Windows" option does not work any more with Amber 3.4.32. In Amber 3.4.11 I was able to see the fanart of all movies of a specific actor when I highlighted the actor in the actor menu. Same for studios, genres, etc. Seems like it's broken in 3.4.32 or am I maybe doing something wrong?

Best regards
(2022-02-08, 17:30)Johnson_Stgt Wrote: However, it seems to me like the "Show Fanart Background on Sub Windows" option does not work any more with Amber 3.4.32. In Amber 3.4.11 I was able to see the fanart of all movies of a specific actor when I highlighted the actor in the actor menu. Same for studios, genres, etc. Seems like it's broken in 3.4.32 or am I maybe doing something wrong?

@Johnson_Stgt , great catch, thanks! I just fixed this on GitHub.  Please ensure that you have the setting "Show Fanart for Special Content" set to Yes in the Amber settings, Media Views section.

Please test the change and let me know.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Hello. I'm using Amber 3.6.3 with Omega RC2. I can not find the setting to use multiple posters. On the information page posters do scroll from poster1 to poster2 etc but not on the main movie page in icons view. Was the feature removed again? I installed from zip but did not install the entire repository. Thank you
Sorry looks like I misunderstood. This function is only supposed to work on the information page in Amber. Aeon Tajo allows it in the main movie page in a wall type view say 25 movies at once all scrolling simultaneously from poster 1 to 2 etc. Does any other skin besides Tajo allow this? My specific problem is that Tajo does not scroll simultaneously if the movies have a different number of posters. My hope is to have the posters change on the same beat whether there are 2 posters or 20. Thank you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enable additional posters on movie information page?0