Custom genre fanart broken?
Hi,

it seems to me like the "Custom Path" option for video genre fanart does not work.

In the specified folder I have a .jpg file for each genre, which has the same name as the genre. However, Amber just shows the default background.

I am using Amber 3.4.32 with Kodi 19.3.

Kind regards
(2022-02-08, 17:46)Johnson_Stgt Wrote: it seems to me like the "Custom Path" option for video genre fanart does not work.

In the specified folder I have a .jpg file for each genre, which has the same name as the genre. However, Amber just shows the default background.

I am using Amber 3.4.32 with Kodi 19.3.

@Johnson_Stgt , I just tested this, and it is working fine.  Please bear in mind that if you have "Show Fanart for Special Content" setting enabled, then you will not be getting your genre fanart, but random fanart from the movies that have that genre.  If you disable the setting, and you set the folder for the "Custom Path" for Video Genre Fanart, it works.  Amber allows you to either have a single image named like the genre for each genre, all in the same folder, or multiple images for each genre, under a subfolder with the genre name.  You can enable "Enable Multiple Images per Genre" when you choose a custom path.

It is important to note that if you enable multiple images per genre, then Amber is expecting a subfolder for each genre that has 1 or more image for each genre.  You can name the images however you want, but the subfolder needs to be named exactly like the genre.  If you do not enable multiple images per genre, Amber expects each image to be named exactly like the genre, and the extension to be .jpg.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom genre fanart broken?0