[split] Feature Request - Video trailers for artists
Thanks, this is beyond my wildest dreams!

I started testing the music info button for a single artist and it works very well. Afterward I tried using the script to get all the links and I get an error:

xml:

error <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'FileNotFoundError'>
Error Contents: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/media/sdd1/build/kodi/kodi-build/mvids.json'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Nexus_clips\portable_data\addons\script.videolinks\default.py", line 13, in <module>
process_all_artists()
File "C:\Nexus_clips\portable_data\addons\script.videolinks\lib\videolinks.py", line 73, in process_all_artists
with open("/media/sdd1/build/kodi/kodi-build/mvids.json", "w") as outfile:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/media/sdd1/build/kodi/kodi-build/mvids.json'
-->End of Python script error report<--
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
@manfeed Ooops, that line shouldn't be in there!  Its trying to dump out the mvid json links to a file on disk, but obviously on Windows the paths are all different. 

If you look in the addons lib directory and open videolinks.py then you can either delete lines 73 & 74 completely, or comment them out with a # at the beginning (plenty of commented out stuff in there to follow!) and then re-save it.  That should fix it for all artists - btw, I did say it was rough! Laugh

EDIT

Or you can grab a fixed version here
Learning Linux the hard way !!
@black_eagle @zag

I can't thank you enough for this feature! It works faultlessly in my end. Being able to get the available music video for all my artists (that are close to 1000) in a matter of (few) minutes is unbelievable. I even tested adding new music videos to theaudiodb.com (this time the right way ;-) and they got added without any problem using both methods: 1º) a new complete rescan of all the artists using the addon and 2º) using the new button in the artist info page.

For me (and I think that for most music lovers) this feature adds a new dimension to my music collection; in fact while testing I spent much more time than needed, because I couldn't stop watching the videos (many of them I didn't even know about).
I can think of several ways to add this feature to skins to make it even more useful; it's a pity that, according to what you said, it will probably take months before this feature gets added officially to Kodi and maybe even years before being available to the public in a future official Kodi release. We'll have to be patient...

Thanks again!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2023-01-29, 01:37)manfeed Wrote: while testing I spent much more time than needed, because I couldn't stop watching the videos

Yes, me too!!  I'm glad you like it and that it's working OK for you.

@zag Can you get this working for Kodi's key, not just the test key?  If I create a PR it will contain the changes to the artist scraper, but they won't currently work as the feature is only on the test API key (2) and I don't want really to change the scraper to use the test key and then have to PR to it again to change it back in the future.

Once that's done (assuming that it's OK with you of course), then I'll get the PR done.
(2023-01-29, 11:51)black_eagle Wrote:
(2023-01-29, 01:37)manfeed Wrote: while testing I spent much more time than needed, because I couldn't stop watching the videos

Yes, me too!!  I'm glad you like it and that it's working OK for you.

@zag Can you get this working for Kodi's key, not just the test key?  If I create a PR it will contain the changes to the artist scraper, but they won't currently work as the feature is only on the test API key (2) and I don't want really to change the scraper to use the test key and then have to PR to it again to change it back in the future.

Once that's done (assuming that it's OK with you of course), then I'll get the PR done.

Sure can you tell me exactly which api methods you use? I will create a cut down dedicated key for it.
Hopefully the backend is now in place for this feature to be released.
Latest test build for win64 is here. This is the same code as in the PR I have raised.
Whats the easiest way to test this?

I'm testing the above build, I've run through a few ways but can't get anything working on 3 test albums.

Is it reliant on using and scanning extra data with the Generic Album Scraper?

If so what should I see in the logs or Database?

Full Log File

EDIT: OK looks good once I found the database table
Some screenshots of a positive test

(2023-02-03, 16:00)zag Wrote: Is it reliant on using and scanning extra data with the Generic Album Scraper?

No.  Although obviously songs belong to albums, it's the generic artist scraper that fetches all the videos known to tadb for that artist.  Kodi then matches those up to songs in your local db using mbids or artist name / track name if no mbids.

So all mvids are fetched when the artist is scraped.
@manfeed

Please do you know if the music info button work, I´m using this feature, and all work, but when I press the button in the artist dialog, I don´t see any message or info. It´s normal, or something is broken, test in your system when possible, please.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
@black_eagle, I change the script code and I have the script radio streaming helper compatible with Python 3, finishing a few tests, and the question any problem to send to the official repo after your check the script? How do I send the script to you?

(2023-07-05, 15:26)Wanilton Wrote: @manfeed

Please do you know if the music info button work, I´m using this feature, and all work, but when I press the button in the artist dialog, I don´t see any message or info. It´s normal, or something is broken, test in your system when possible, please.

I just checked the original Kodi version from post #52 (not available anymore) with the Estuary test version I prepared back then and the music artist info dialog button still works. It's true that no message is shown, but the videos are scraped. Eagerly awaiting the final version that seemed so close to be released, but sadly it seems it's not being worked on anymore, so I'm starting to fear that it'll not be ready for Omega... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/22654
@manfeed

PR was merged today (Omega).

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/22654
Thanks! Yes, I almost checked daily, I’m eager to take advantage of this feature!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Feature Request - Video trailers for artists0