Kodi crash after mesa update to 21.2.6
Hi, I use Kodi on my old laptop, it's working up to 720p video resolution, it is working without hardware acceleration but it is quite enough because screen resolution is low too. My Linux is Mint 20.3 and suddenly I got an mesa update that crashes Kodi on startup.
As i can't downgrade the mesa meta package, I've restored a backup and have put the mesa meta package in update's blacklist. This isn't a long term solution, I don't know how long the system is ok with this trick.
I've reproduce the problem with Linux Mint 20.3 iso, install on it kodi 19.3 via ppa , tested Kodi ok (mesa 21.0.3), install only the upgrade for meta to 21.2.6, then bingo kodi crashes, here is the advanced log file : https://paste.kodi.tv/icenibenat.kodi
Can I put a setting in Kodi to arrange this with upgraded mesa ? (I have try the options to remove hardware accelerations in player's video option .. but did not work)
Thank you for this debug.

At this moment, it's very complicated to maj OS with Kodi.

On past week, python (for many others projects, for sure) break kodi via addon use it
Now, it's mesa...

I don't backup it because it's my beta test (use via kodi-rpi-git) and search time to rebuild on stable build
I have rebuild fresh install with kodi-rpi for V19.3 with similar config/install on another rpi on prod, just not up to date since 3 month now :/

=> fresh install is horrible on my rpi4-4G, lag on menu without any files loaded and it's impossible to play any video...
I have rsync config and install same packages (just up to date)
I use archlinuxarm, reinstall is fast and similar, and packages via pacman

I don't see which drivers/config if bad between old install (2years) and now...
just update *.config.txt when if needed...

Temporally, I have build libreelec on same sdcard, on same rpi and it's works...
Hi, still no Idea how to debug this mesa problem ?
Also running Mint 20.3.  Upgrade today brought in Mesa 21.2.6 and Kodi 19.4.  So far no crash.  Using very old Nvidia GeForce 210 with vdpau.
This one ave a Radeon Express 1100

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi crash after mesa update to 21.2.60