v19 show double episode as one episode instead of two
Hey Guys!
I have a couple of Cartoons that have 2 Episodes in one. 

For example Ren and Stimpy

My Filename is: 
S01E01-E02 - Stimpy's Big Day + The Big Shot.mkv

Kodi shows me:

S01E01- Stimpy's Big Day
S01E02- The Big Shot.mkv

but is there any way to display it as one episode like:
S01E01 - Stimpy's Big Day + The Big Shot.mkv

?
That's not how the TV episodes listings or the scrapers work.
You have 2 episodes, that happen to be in one combined file, but they are still two episodes.

And displaying one episode indicator (S01E01) with two episode titles is not really what it is, isn't it?
But that's the way they were broadcasted on tv. And that's the way they're on the official DVD :-\ 2 small episodes are always one 20 minute episode. 

All Nickelodeon Cartoons are like that

Even IMDB, Wiki and other Sites list them as 1 Episode and not as two individuals

is there no way with local information and custom nfo file? I tried to merge the episodes in the nfo file, but Kodi still shows 2 individual episodes :-\
(2022-02-20, 23:14)querschnitt Wrote: but is there any way to display it as one episode like:
S01E01 - Stimpy's Big Day + The Big Shot.mkv
As Klojum stated, it is the way the scraper sites have the listing, so that is what Kodi scrapes. But with a bit of tweaking you can display it as above.

Instead of naming the file S01E01-E02 - Stimpy's Big Day + The Big Shot.mkv
Name it S01E01 - Stimpy's Big Day + The Big Shot.mkv
Which will give you this listing... S01E01- Stimpy's Big Day

Then go to the episode listing in the library and Context Menu>Manage>Edit Title and change the title to add the second episode
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
thx for the suggestion, but that's a lot of freakin work for way over 100 episodes Sad

Guess I will just not use kodi for watching these episodes then Sad Too bad!

and like I said: I don't wanna use scraper sites, because I edited all the seasons myself with TV Renamer. I just wanna use local information for these shows
(2022-02-21, 00:02)querschnitt Wrote: thx for the suggestion, but that's a lot of freakin work for way over 100 episodes Sad
Yea I agree.
But it is beyond Kodi's control. All the scraper sites list them a separate episodes. (IMDB is not a scraper site)
TVDB... https://thetvdb.com/series/the-ren-and-s...official/1
TV Maze... https://www.tvmaze.com/seasons/19009/the...1/episodes
and you already have the TMDB listing.

(2022-02-21, 00:02)querschnitt Wrote: I don't wanna use scraper sites, because I edited all the seasons myself with TV Renamer.
I don't understand how you then add the listings to your library if you don't use a scraper site? Does TV Renamer create nfo files? Provide artwork?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-02-21, 00:21)Karellen Wrote: Does TV Renamer create nfo files? Provide artwork?

Yes it does. It gets episode listing from TVDB or TMDB and you can modify it then.

you can add/remove/rename/merge episodes, seasons etc and it creates nfo files and provides artwork

I totally reordered, renamed and added Episoded with that software to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles  and Kodi shows it just fine
(2022-02-21, 00:43)querschnitt Wrote: It gets episode listing from TVDB or TMDB and you can modify it then.
Ok so it is not even Kodi that is grabbing the data, it is TV Renamer. But regardless, Kodi would have the same result.
Open the nfo file and edit the title.
Then because it is a double episode, the second episode is half way down the nfo file. Delete the second episode data.
But I guess doing that 50 times might be a bit painful.
My Signature
yeah. it sounds painful and annoying :-\

Well I have all nickelodeon Cartoons on DVD. Maybe I can either delete all files and just watch the DVDs or I could re-rip everything again in single episode files, which is also a pain in the ass :-\

maybe I can talk to the creator of TV Rename that he will add an options that both episode names are in the title of the nfo

thx for your help!
(2022-02-21, 01:42)querschnitt Wrote: Well I have all nickelodeon Cartoons on DVD
If it is the one I am thinking of, then there is no tv show for it. It is just a marketing created collection of cartoons. So I don't think you would be able to scrape it. You would need to create nfo files for it.

In case this helps your library... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=349595
My Signature
no it's not a collection. I have full DVD boxes of Rocko, Ren and Stimpy, Ahh real Monsters and Hey Arnold. They were all released here in germany (rocko and ren and stimpy completely uncensored)
Short Update: I finally got what I wanted <3 

With Ember Media Manager I was able to scrape the Files with IMDB Smile (I paid 10 euro for TMM, but I always get an error when I try to scrape from imdb Sad )

now All my nickelodeon double episode Cartoons have just 1 listing with both titles in them Smile 
sorry for commenting on an old post but I just wondered if editing the episodes via 
Context Menu>Manage>Edit Title

when you do a complete backup of kodi with all fanart and everything will it save this edited information too?
(2022-08-24, 19:05)fodbrothers Wrote: when you do a complete backup of kodi with all fanart and everything will it save this edited information too?
Yes if you export to Separate files.
My Signature
(2022-08-24, 20:54)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-08-24, 19:05)fodbrothers Wrote: when you do a complete backup of kodi with all fanart and everything will it save this edited information too?
Yes if you export to Separate files.
thank you for the response. very helpful 10/10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
show double episode as one episode instead of two0