How to detect when a user navigates around within a panel list?
I've got a UI element using an onclick event to toggle a skin setting which is then used to make a "zoomed" block become visible (displaying a more expansive block of text).  I'd like to be able to toggle that off on any key click (when user clicks up/down/left/right and navigates to a different item).

Currently, I can't make it disappear unless the user either explicitly does another onclick to toggle it, or when the user navigates completely off the panel I put Skin.Reset(my.skin.property)  on onfocus, onunfocus, onleft, onright, onup, ondown in the panel, but those don't take effect until the user moves completely away from the panel.  As far as I can make out, none of the events are available to any individual items within the list itself (in the focusedlayout block)

Is there some event(s) I can use to capture any action by the user (including navigating to another item within the list) so that I can turn off my "zoomed" block more elegantly?
You could put a hidden button control inside focusedlayout with an onfocus condition. Whenever the user navigates the list it will perform the action you want.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2022-02-22, 10:04)manfeed Wrote: You could put a hidden button control inside focusedlayout with an onfocus condition. Whenever the user navigates the list it will perform the action you want.

Hey, that works great.  Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to detect when a user navigates around within a panel list?0