Smart-playlist vs subwidget menu
Hi all,

I decided to use a smart-playlist for listing in Main menu.
I have had the possibility to clone the submenu to a new menu item, but I haven't had the possibility to clone the subwidgets menu as well.
Furthermore, even if the option SETTINGS/SKIN SETTINGS/MAIN MENU/SHOW SUBWIDGETS is enabled, the subwidgets menu isn't displayed if I have a Main menu item using a smart-playlist for listing.

How can the subwidget menu be made available with Main menu using smart-playlist for listing?

Many thanks for your help
@Jumpy73

Which skin are you using? These widgets are part of the skin, so I need to move your post to the correct location.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-02-25, 12:03)Karellen Wrote: @Jumpy73

Which skin are you using? These widgets are part of the skin, so I need to move your post to the correct location.

Hi @Karellen 
I didn't know that this feature was skin dependent... anyway, the Kodi GUI is based on AEON MQ8 skin by @MarcosQui, modded by @latts9923
Tks
Hi @Karellen
as subwidgets menu is a skin dependent feature, where did you think about moving the thread?
Otherwise I don't know how to follow the possible reply posts

Thanks for your support
(2022-02-25, 13:03)Jumpy73 Wrote: AEON MQ8
I moved your thread to the Aeon MQ sub-forum
You can always find your posts by clicking on the "Find" button to the left of the post under your username.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Is there someone among the AON MQ8 skin developers who can give me a feedback about this need?

Thanks a lot in advance
@Jumpy73 

About subwidgets, MarcosQui has removed the feature in MQ9.

About Widgets:
MQ9 you only need to choose the smartplaylist and done, but in any previous MQ versions, you need to go in customize the main menu option, create one new item in the main menu using replace function, choose the video playlist created, and now will appear the smartplaylist in the widget management. Now it´s ok to turn off the main item created and use the widget in any other main menu item.

About SubWidget
I don´t know if @latts9923 changed in the mod versions something in this area, I don´t use here any mod.  

About Widgets in MQ9, a little more info by MarcosQui about it

THIRD GENERATION WIDGETS
- A brand new selector organized by categories, also includes sorting and sorting options in the same window.
- A new code provides over 200% faster widget loading speed compared to Aeon MQ 8.
- Direct access to playlists and nodes. You no longer need to create an item in the main menu to have playlist widgets, you can now choose any existing playlist or node independently.
- The well-known feature called My Menu now gives way to Custom Favorites. Each of the 30 menus can have a set of independent custom favorite widgets. You can create a list with unique or mixed content with movies, sitcoms, add-ons and etc ..
- New button for Custom Widget where it is possible to include a URL for exclusive content.

PS: Smartplaylist is only available to appear in widgets.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
@Jumpy73
@Wanilton
I have not made any changes to the subwidget code. I don't see an option to clone subwidgets to a new Main Menu item...only the submenu. Is that correct Wanilton?
Yes, correct, only is possible to clone the submenu, no the subwidgets.
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
(2022-03-06, 13:17)Wanilton Wrote: in any previous MQ versions, you need to go in customize the main menu option, create one new item in the main menu using replace function, choose the video playlist created, and now will appear the smartplaylist in the widget management. Now it´s ok to turn off the main item created and use the widget in any other main menu item.
Hi @Wanilton 
Yes, it is the procedure I followed to use smart-playlist in widget view and it works. Unfortunately I couldn't obtain the expected result from playlist probably because a no user-defined ordering rule is applyed to the playlist before displaying. Please see here what I mean for which no suggestions I've received yet
(2022-03-06, 14:27)Wanilton Wrote: Yes, correct, only is possible to clone the submenu, no the subwidgets.
Hi @Wanilton
ok, so I can't reproduce the behaviour of main menu items if I use a user-defined playlist for listing in respect of using the default built-in listing rule

Thanks for your answer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart-playlist vs subwidget menu0