Screensaver support
Since I have installed 7.0.3 from github the fonts in my screensaver ( Digital Clock Screensaver 6.0.3 ) are small ...
Also the settings of the screensaver are no longer saved in "addon_data\screensaver.digitalclock\settings.xml", but stored in "addon_data\skin.mimic.lr\settings.xml"

There is a "addons\screensaver.digitalclock\resources\skins\default\720p\skin.mimic.xml" should it be "skin.mimic.lr.xml" ?

(2022-02-25, 12:18)pcextreme Wrote: Since I have installed 7.0.3 from github the fonts in my screensaver ( Digital Clock Screensaver 6.0.3 ) are small ...
Also the settings of the screensaver are no longer saved in "addon_data\screensaver.digitalclock\settings.xml", but stored in "addon_data\skin.mimic.lr\settings.xml"

There is a "addons\screensaver.digitalclock\resources\skins\default\720p\skin.mimic.xml" should it be "skin.mimic.lr.xml" ?
These are questions that probably should be asked of the screensaver plugin maintainer.

I've installed that screen saver and taken a look.  It appears to keep most of its settings under addon_data/screensaver.digitalclock/settings.xml, (which is proper), but appears to be putting color selections in the skin settings.  Generally, a plugin putting settings anywhere other than it's own plugins settings is frowned upon.  I'm not sure why it's putting the colors in the skin settings.  Perhaps there's an expectation that skinners will want to take over those properties and set the settings for the colors as part of the skin settings (example, logic in the settings which sets a "theme" that sets those colors as well as the normal skin ones)

From the look of the resources/defaults diriectory in the addons, I notice 2 things:
1.  It appears to be written with 720p displays in mind, while most skins are now designed for 1080p displays, so I'm not sure if those scale properly or not.
2.  The vast majority of those skin defaults are for old skins (pre Matrix, and pre Leia) but the code falls back to skin.default.xml as the display if it cannot find one matching the skin.  Presumably, if you just copy the skin.mimic.xml to skin.mimic.lr.xml, it will then pick that up.  (a diff between the mimic one and default.xml only shows the mimic as having a couple font size differences though)

Perhaps there was an expectation that (similar to how a skin can "support" other plugins) that a skin could provide it's own xml for the display, but I do not see anything in the python code that would allow that. it appears to hard-code the plugin path for the xml file.
Thank You for taking the time to look in to it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screensaver support0