What is and is not allowed to be Unicode?
I'm trying to help track down some issues that have turned up and I have some suspicions about potential causes. (I'm having a heck of a time trying to get an IDE set up which won't try to modify the makefiles.)

Please forgive me if these questions have been considered and addressed. It is just that I haven't been able to tell yet from the code so far .

Does Kodi allow arbitrary Unicode strings to be used as caseless keys for settings?

Are Unicode filenames allowed?
In order to support caseless filesystems, does Kodi perform caseless globbing, etc.?

If generic Unicode is allowed, then perhaps using a generic Local would help, since sorting, etc. would be consistent. You certainly don't want to switch a Map's key's locale once started, especially since some of the settings use ordered-maps.

Further, I have the sense from StringUtils that the various routines may be being used for unicode strings and not taking into account that: 1) byte length can change during toupper/tolower/foldcase, etc. 2) That the same 'character' can be represented in multiple bytes and in multiple byte orders. This can happen, for example, when accent marks are involved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What is and is not allowed to be Unicode?0