• 10(current)
Beta Arctic Horizon 2
Dude, it just keeps getting better. đź‘Ť
TV guide looks really nice. Assuming that you’re planning to have an optional fullscreen guide/ no information view…I’d love to see a middle ground here, retaining programme information but displaying a few more channels per page. Currently in AH, the small number of channels displayed and increased button pressing to navigate the guide puts me off using this view (which would be my preferred view). Anyway, just my thoughts. Looks awesome though.
(2022-04-07, 14:44)jurialmunkey Wrote: PVR Guide

Hey jurial, I earlier tried to explain how there's a small video window in the TVChannels section of AZ Reloaded, and I've got a photo to show for you

I apologize if I'm asking for a request from a different skin, I just find that having the ability to search for channels while being able to still see what's Now Playing is a great feature, and I know that you would make it look even better.

What are your thoughts? I'm patiently waiting for your AH2 either way!
(2022-04-08, 07:29)inihendrix Wrote: Hey jurial, I earlier tried to explain how there's a small video window in the TVChannels section of AZ Reloaded, and I've got a photo to show for you

I apologize if I'm asking for a request from a different skin, I just find that having the ability to search for channels while being able to still see what's Now Playing is a great feature, and I know that you would make it look even better.

It's actually already in. Slightly different window - Guide - as I haven't finished the Channels window yet but will be same basic layout with info enabled.

Still needs a little bit of tweaking but here's the basic layout:

(2022-04-08, 04:54)Qirat77 Wrote: TV guide looks really nice. Assuming that you’re planning to have an optional fullscreen guide/ no information view…I’d love to see a middle ground here, retaining programme information but displaying a few more channels per page. Currently in AH, the small number of channels displayed and increased button pressing to navigate the guide puts me off using this view (which would be my preferred view). Anyway, just my thoughts. Looks awesome though.

Yes also fullscreen view. There isn't really any room to add more channels in the info view with compromising on spacing and I don't want to cram on screen elements. I do have an idea for a slightly different layout option with info on the side rather than on top - but will need to try it out first as I'm not sure if it will work as well as I'm picture it in my head.

Anyway, fullscreen guide:

Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2022-04-08, 10:19)jurialmunkey Wrote: It's actually already in. Slightly different window - Guide - as I haven't finished the Channels window yet but will be same basic layout with info enabled.

Still needs a little bit of tweaking but here's the basic layout:

YES! AWESOME!

That's absolutely beautiful and I'm just grateful for all you're doing!

The main reason I always use the TVChannels section instead of the Guide is because there are times where the currently playing show doesn't appear on the guide because it will only show the next 30 minute block.

For example, if it's 11:50 a.m. then the current show won't appear because the guide will only show what's on at 12 p.m.

I'm wondering, is there a way to change the Guide's time block to only switch when it reaches the actual time? For example, only switching to 12 p.m. on the guide when it's actually 12 p.m.?

ALSO:

Where can I donate to your effortsHuh
I m totally speechless! 

This skin that's taking shape, simply looks amazing and something that i l always looked into  Love  Thanks a lot! 

Couple of question @jurialmunkey considering you're working on it :
- will it be an option to enable/disable "Powered by JustWatch" icons at the bottom of the views? 
- will it be possible to have a carousell effect with only one line of widget to auto scroll, like for "spotlight" and like Artic Zephir 2 Mod Resurrection ? 
- will it be possible to have the coloured highlight frame , as option, to pick colours from the far art cover ? 

Just for curiosity Smile 

Thanks a lot for you work! Looking forward for the first release to try it out Smile
(2022-04-08, 19:11)inihendrix Wrote: There are times where the currently playing show doesn't appear on the guide because it will only show the next 30 minute block. For example, if it's 11:50 a.m. then the current show won't appear because the guide will only show what's on at 12 p.m.

I'm wondering, is there a way to change the Guide's time block to only switch when it reaches the actual time? For example, only switching to 12 p.m. on the guide when it's actually 12 p.m.?

This sounds like an issue with your PVR backend server or PVR add-on settings. You should be able to scroll backwards and forwards in time on the Guide - that's the whole point of an EPG!

I'm using an IPTV service from a streaming provider we have in Australia (BiNGE / Foxtel) and I'm able to scroll back several days in the Guide.

(2022-04-08, 19:11)inihendrix Wrote: Where can I donate to your efforts
I don't like putting a donate button up until I've released something - which hopefully should be in the next couple of weeks.

(2022-04-13, 09:57)FOXYZ Wrote: - will it be an option to enable/disable "Powered by JustWatch" icons at the bottom of the views?
These only display if there is no codec information available - i.e. on streams. For local files the codec information is displayed instead.

(2022-04-13, 09:57)FOXYZ Wrote: - will it be possible to have a carousell effect with only one line of widget to auto scroll, like for "spotlight" and like Artic Zephir 2 Mod Resurrection ?

Never used that mod. However, it is possible to set a single fullscreen widget (or a single standard widget). Fullscreen widgets autoscroll by default when not focused (and standard widgets have a toggle option for autoscroll).

(2022-04-13, 09:57)FOXYZ Wrote: - will it be possible to have the coloured highlight frame , as option, to pick colours from the far art cover ?

Automatic colour selection is not possible due to the method I'm using to generate the gradient textures for buttons. The approach I used in previous skins doesn't work for certain skin elements with auto-width or dynamic positioning (e.g. in AH1 that's why buttons were either white or single colour without a gradient).

It's still possible to pick the colours manually though - just not automatically on the fly!
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2022-04-14, 02:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: These only display if there is no codec information available - i.e. on streams. For local files the codec information is displayed instead.
Oh i see  Smile  Well then it's all right  Blush maybe, if it's not crazy complicated an option to turn it off completely if not needed (coded information if available is super handy, the other data like where to stream my brain saw it as ads aahhah. Just a personal thought, but thanks for the explanation) 
(2022-04-14, 02:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: Never used that mod. However, it is possible to set a single fullscreen widget (or a single standard widget). Fullscreen widgets autoscroll by default when not focused (and standard widgets have a toggle option for autoscroll).
Perfect, that full screen widget is even better! I like it much more  Laugh
(2022-04-14, 02:05)jurialmunkey Wrote: Automatic colour selection is not possible due to the method I'm using to generate the gradient textures for buttons. The approach I used in previous skins doesn't work for certain skin elements with auto-width or dynamic positioning (e.g. in AH1 that's why buttons were either white or single colour without a gradient).

It's still possible to pick the colours manually though - just not automatically on the fly!
Fair enough, it's super good anyways as it is Cool

Just one last question (i hope you don't mind) and then i ll stop and shut up  Big Grin

- Have you thought (or tried if looks nice) to enable the fanart (or the other variations you named) in the background, to show multiple images after a delta time ? 
Like FanArt.Item[0],FanArt.Item[1],FanArt.Item[3] etc

I also join the bandwagon about donations! I hope i can do my part when it will be open  Blush

@jurialmunkey thanks a lot for you work and quick open replies! I hope to install soon your new skin! Can't wait  Love
Will you be adding hubs to this skin like in arctic horizon and some of your other skins?
Wow .. can’t wait to install it 👏
Wink 
Hi jurialmunkey. I would to ask if Arctic Horizon 2 suppports the "Up-Next Addon" of Kodi? cause the first Arctic Horizon doesn't support it. Thank you!
Great looking skin.  Is it possible at all to display widgets inside the Library view?  The reason I ask this is I have a collection of Formula1 races and I'd like either the information about the race piped in from the Formula1 app on the Kodi repo or if it can be srcapped from thesportsdb addon. 

I'd like to see the races as 'shows', which it does currently, but going into a race (episode) i'd like it to show the qualifying or race results that can be piped from F1 or scrapped from thesportsdb.
AH1 does support Up Next...
Heart 
Really? How? Can you help me? It doesn't show on my AH1. I tried it but it never show.  I really do need some help. Thank you!
Most likely, Up Next doesn't support the content you're watching.
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon 20