• 56(current)
Beta Arctic Horizon 2
(2022-06-29, 13:57)Aaiemron Wrote:
(2022-06-29, 13:27)myshield81 Wrote: Is there a way to prevent the skin from reloading widgets everytime I leave and return to the home screen? It's a pain to be forced to wait for them all to repopulate if you just want to view a category or browse a link.

Thanks for all your help and for this amazing skin!
This happens to me also.
Long reloading every time. I'm on a Shield.

Thanks

I also own a Shield 2019 Pro and to be fair, Kodi on this device is quite sluggish in general. I'm very disappointed in the Shield. Loading cached images from external drive, scrolling through menus and lists, it's all very slow. That goes for almost any skin used. I read that it's the Shield's 9 firmware that caused a lot of trouble. Can't confirm that, since I never had older firmwares. I reverted back to a Windows HTPC and all is smooth as butter. Widgets also load very fast.
(2022-06-29, 13:57)Aaiemron Wrote:
(2022-06-29, 13:27)myshield81 Wrote: Is there a way to prevent the skin from reloading widgets everytime I leave and return to the home screen? It's a pain to be forced to wait for them all to repopulate if you just want to view a category or browse a link.

This happens to me also.
Long reloading every time. I'm on a Shield.

Thanks

Same here on a Sony OLED Android TV. the constant widget reload really takes away from the experience. I generally avoid widgets as library display items and use smart playlists instead specifically because of this issue but this skin really needs them.
(2022-06-29, 09:46)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-06-28, 20:40)eengert Wrote:
(2022-06-28, 09:58)jurialmunkey Wrote: That setting only applies to the calendar. It does not change artwork elsewhere.

The skin automatically uses landscape art if available. You can change the landscape art used in the manage artwork context menu for the ite. .

That doesn't seem to be true (unless I misunderstand what you mean by "calendar").  When I set that option to "Thumbnail" (which is the default), my Trakt Next Episodes widget displays episode thumbnails when using landscape widget styles.  When I change the option to "Landscape" or "Fanart" in TMDH settings, then the Next Episode widget displays the landscape or fanart image for each item.  It just doesn't seem to make a difference whether I choose "Landscape" or "Fanart" - the widget images remain the same either way.

Yes, to be more specific, the setting applies to "Next Episodes and Next Aired Calendar" only. My point was that it only affects a very small subset of TMDbHelper lists. The wording of your original post implied that you were expecting it to change artwork for all lists which it simply does not do.

The point of this setting is to prevent spoilers in skins that display Art(thumb) by default for listitems with an episodes dbtype. It does this by overwriting Art(thumb) with the image url for either the fanart or landscape art.

In AH2 the skin will always display Art(landscape) instead of Art(fanart) if landscape is available. So if you set Next Aired/Episodes to show fanart instead of thumbs but the item has landscape art, then the skin will show the landscape art regardless of the setting in TMDbH. The skin does this for the sake of consistency.

Got it - makes sense.  Thanks for clarifying.

This shouldn't happen. Widgets should only reload after watching something.

What version of Kodi are you using? If you're using Nexus, the skin is broken at the moment until an issue with fade animation visibility is fixed in the skinning engine.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
anyone else has broken version 0.2.12?
after selecting anything in TV or Movies widget it freezes and kodi restarts
switching to different skin and no issues.
I love this skin as of right now. suggestions for cosmetic changes would be the ability to hide the headers (Titles, Seasons, etc...

using clearlogo, it appears that the size changed. some of my logo are small and some are big
(2022-06-29, 18:38)jurialmunkey Wrote:

What version of Kodi are you using? If you're using Nexus, the skin is broken at the moment until an issue with fade animation visibility is fixed in the skinning engine.
I also experience this, also shield? Using matrix 19.4. If you go into settings/addons for example and change a setting. widgets reload.
(2022-06-29, 20:31)Blackysb Wrote:

I also experience this, also shield? Using matrix 19.4. If you go into settings/addons for example and change a setting. widgets reload.
Like I said,  same for me. Also Matrix, Kodi 19.4. Shield. 
For example Next Up widget from Embuary Helper.
Sometimes reloading takes more than 10 seconds
Can anyone tell me how to accomplish the following using AH2 and TMDBH, or if it's not possible...

I have a widget pointing to a User Trakt list in TMDBH.  My Trakt list contains TV Shows.  I would like to display the list in a widget sorted by Date Watched or Number of Plays so that shows that I haven't started watching yet are listed first. 

Things I've tried with no success:

- Widget = User List Sorted:  Watched   (This one comes the closest, but is in reverse order.  Changing the sort direction in widget settings has no impact.)
- Widget = User List Sorted:  Playcount

I appreciate any suggestions.
First off, loving this skin ... The design and information architecture are excellent. Now the obvious, first compliment but state a problem part Wink. I seem to have lost all the rating info except for Trakt and TMDB over the last day. I'm not seeing anything obvious in the logs like request denied. Any tips on what I may have screwed up?

Also, the new PlayerProcess window is a bit too narrow. Play a movie with 7.1 Atmos or use a machine with 5 or more cores (like the oDroid N2+) and you'll see what I mean.
(2022-06-30, 04:19)oo_void Wrote: First off, loving this skin ... The design and information architecture are excellent. Now the obvious, first compliment but state a problem part Wink. I seem to have lost all the rating info except for Trakt and TMDB over the last day. I'm not seeing anything obvious in the logs like request denied. Any tips on what I may have screwed up?

Also, the new PlayerProcess window is a bit too narrow. Play a movie with 7.1 Atmos or use a machine with 5 or more cores (like the oDroid N2+) and you'll see what I mean.

Did you add your omdb key to tmdbhelper settings? It needs an omdb key for metacritic, rt, imdb and awards ratings. Also just double check you didn't disable those ratings in Skin settings.

Could you get me a screenshot or player process. I don't have an odroid or any atmos videos so a screenshot would give me a reference point for how much it needs expanding.
(2022-06-29, 21:20)Aaiemron Wrote:
(2022-06-29, 18:38)jurialmunkey Wrote: This shouldn't happen. Widgets should only reload after watching something.

Like I said,  same for me. Also Matrix, Kodi 19.4. Shield. 
For example Next Up widget from Embuary Helper.
Sometimes reloading takes more than 10 seconds
But is this in every skin or just this one?

Skin shouldn't impact loading time (other than number of widgets you set of course).

That doesn't sound like a skin issue. Skin doesn't control when widgets reload.

This sounds like either you're either changing the menu/widget layout which forces the skin to reload to display the new layput, or you're changing a kodi setting that requires a skin reload.
(2022-06-30, 05:30)jurialmunkey Wrote:
(2022-06-30, 04:19)oo_void Wrote: First off, loving this skin ... The design and information architecture are excellent. Now the obvious, first compliment but state a problem part Wink. I seem to have lost all the rating info except for Trakt and TMDB over the last day. I'm not seeing anything obvious in the logs like request denied. Any tips on what I may have screwed up?

Did you add your omdb key to tmdbhelper settings? It needs an omdb key for metacritic, rt, imdb and awards ratings. Also just double check you didn't disable those ratings in Skin settings.

Could you get me a screenshot or player process. I don't have an odroid or any atmos videos so a screenshot would give me a reference point for how much it needs expanding.
That's what I thought ... out of requests without an API key but didn't know where to look. Thanks. 

As for PlayerProcess, I don't have an account where I can easily share a direct link to the image URL, but give this a try. https://photos.app.goo.gl/WmLintpNxvix1erM9
(2022-06-30, 05:40)oo_void Wrote:
(2022-06-30, 05:30)jurialmunkey Wrote:

That's what I thought ... out of requests without an API key but didn't know where to look. Thanks. 

As for PlayerProcess, I don't have an account where I can easily share a direct link to the image URL, but give this a try. https://photos.app.goo.gl/WmLintpNxvix1erM9
Perfect. Yep I can see that screenshot.

Btw you can get a free api key from omdb
https://www.omdbapi.com/apikey.aspx

The free key has 1000 daily request limit. However, tmdbhelper will cache your ratings requests for 2 weeks (ie only does a new request if the item hasn't been looked up in past 2 weeks). So generally the free key is enough for normal usage on one or two devices.
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Horizon 20