Editing genre does not always work
I use the web interface to edit movie details after the movie has been scraped. Most of the times I edit the genre, because I use my own genre nomenclature, and I usually restrict genres to one or two entries per movie.

Sometimes the editing of the genre does not work. No error is reported in Chorus 2, but when I review/reload the movie entry, the genre is just as it was before the editing. Today I logged the action. Full logs are here:

https://paste.kodi.tv/axetijowom

The editing action is logged twice (as I did it two times), in lines 1263 and 1378. Interestingly, there is an error message after that saying

Code:
2022-03-08 20:55:01.421 T:1292 DEBUG <general>: JSONRPC: Value does not meet minLength requirements in type Global.String.NotEmpty
2022-03-08 20:55:01.421 T:1292 DEBUG <general>: JSONRPC: Invalid property "fanart" in type Media.Artwork.Set

Might that be the cause of the problem - probably the whole editing request is discarded because of this? How can I fix that?
It occurs to me only now that it is possible that every time the error occurs, the movie had been scraped with information from themoviedb.org - maybe there is some problem with the fanart scraping there?

Thanks in advance for any tipps or ideas!
I found a workaround: in this specific case, the movie had no background image. If I add one manually through Chorus (Edit -> Background -> URL), I can afterwards also change the genre.

But it seems wrong to me that this is a mandatory step. Maybe not a Chorus issue, but one of the Kodi API?
You can also use the Metadata Editor to change genre's... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=349035
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-03-10, 20:41)Karellen Wrote: You can also use the Metadata Editor to change genre's...

Normally the web interface works fine. As I copy the files from my PC to the Kodi device it is more practical anyway to use the web interface instead of using something in the Kodi UI directly.

Only sometimes I have the described problem. I am wondering now if the Chorus implementation has a bug there. In the Kodi API, fanart seems to be optional in the Media.Artwork.Set, but if no fanart is being provided the value of the property fanart must be null. Instead an empty string is sent by Chorus, which raises the error.

Do we have any Chorus developer here?
(2022-03-10, 21:19)splintering Wrote: Do we have any Chorus developer here?

Not at the moment, but if you would like to volunteer.... Developers are always welcome.
(2022-03-10, 21:19)splintering Wrote: Do we have any Chorus developer here?
Like klojum said, no. Chorus2 was meant to be deprecated a couple of years ago in favour of Chorus3, but we are struggling to get that completed. Sad
So fixing bugs in Chorus2 is most likely not going to happen, unfortunately.
But feel free to make a bug report with your findings... https://github.com/xbmc/chorus2/issues
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-03-10, 21:21)Klojum Wrote: if you would like to volunteer.... Developers are always welcome.

Unfortunately I am not that kind of a developer, only a guy who knows a little about programming.

Karellen Wrote:But feel free to make a bug report with your findings

I will do that. Just in case somebody picks it up anyway.

Thanks for the details!
Bug reported here: https://github.com/xbmc/chorus2/issues/457

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Editing genre does not always work0