Please Recommend a device for 4k HDR10 with DTS-MA passthrough
I have a Samsung tv Qn90A that can't decode or pass dts nor dts-ma. For audio I have a denon S760H with a 5.2.2 setup that supports atmos.

I need kodi to play movies with 4k hdr10 with dts-ma  passthrough. 

I already have a firestick 4k with kodi but passthrough does not work right. 
I also tried kodi on windows 11 using a microsoft surface 7 but cant get dts-ma passthrough to work . I think its because I'm using and usb c to hdmi adapter since the surface dont have a hdmi port.

My question is wich device can I get to achieve this. From what I read a nvidia shield or a odroid n2+.

I'm from mexico and I can get the nvidia shield for 300usd, will the odroid will be better/cheaper?

I dont need DV support since samsung doesnt support it anyway.
I use netflix, hbo, disney etc with the firestick or tv apps, so I don't nees that suppor neither.

Thanks
(2022-03-09, 06:49)salvga Wrote: I'm from mexico and I can get the nvidia shield for 300usd, will the odroid will be better/cheaper?

Thanks to Nvidia's latest "Experience" update, Kodi's workings are still a bit wobbly. (And $300 is way overpriced IMO...) The better hardware choice would be an Odroid N2+, no idea what that would cost for you. Others will also have confirm what CoreELEC's options for DTS-MA passthrough are (as I'm no CoreELEC user).
(2022-03-09, 06:49)salvga Wrote: I have a Samsung tv Qn90A that can't decode or pass dts nor dts-ma. For audio I have a denon S760H with a 5.2.2 setup that supports atmos.

I need kodi to play movies with 4k hdr10 with dts-ma  passthrough. 

My question is wich device can I get to achieve this. From what I read a nvidia shield or a odroid n2+.

I'm from mexico and I can get the nvidia shield for 300usd, will the odroid will be better/cheaper?

I dont need DV support since samsung doesnt support it anyway.
I use netflix, hbo, disney etc with the firestick or tv apps, so I don't nees that suppor neither.

Best place to ask your Odroid N2 & DTS-MA questions is here click. They know all answers concerning Kodi on Odroid N2 & C4.
Another option to consider is an AmLogic S905X3 box w/CoreELEC. Can be had for about $50. See this area in CoreELEC forum.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
The latest stable LibreELEC release enables HDR and HD audio passthrough on the Pi4. Given the Pi has historically been one of the better supported devices for Kodi it should be considered.
OSMC Vero 4K+ would meet your requirements.
(2022-03-11, 07:47)PANiCnz Wrote: The latest stable LibreELEC release enables HDR and HD audio passthrough on the Pi4. Given the Pi has historically been one of the better supported devices for Kodi it should be considered.
Funny you mention "better supported" considering how long it took for it to support HDR.

Don't take me wrong. I love the PIs. My first Kodi box was a Pi2. It was 2015 and the bloody thing didn't even have HD audio nor Hi10p decoding but I liked it anyway. Good times.
(2022-03-28, 20:33)JamesX Wrote:
(2022-03-11, 07:47)PANiCnz Wrote: The latest stable LibreELEC release enables HDR and HD audio passthrough on the Pi4. Given the Pi has historically been one of the better supported devices for Kodi it should be considered.
Funny you mention "better supported" considering how long it took for it to support HDR.
Yes... And No...

The Pi 4B supports HDR using an official Linux driver infrastructure... Some other Linux ARM HDR platforms are using bespoke vendor kernel workarounds - they may have got HDR first, but they may not have got it in a way that is sustainable longer term?
Maybe. Let's just hope Rasp Pi5 (or whatever comes next) can heap the benefits of this long development.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Please Recommend a device for 4k HDR10 with DTS-MA passthrough0