Solved trueHD, DTS-HD passtrough only DP port
Hi, have anyone else experienced this problem where you mainboard have HDMI og DP port, and HDMI wont passtrough trueHD/DTS-HD, and you have to use the DP port? 
And got linux to change that behaviour? HDMI passtrought all other sound format.

HDMI port is version 2.
Which Linux / motherboard / grfx card are we talking about here?
Gigabyte Z390 I AORUS PRO WIFI, S-1151

its a Intel Core i5-9600 Prosessor(cpu/gpu)

ubuntu focal

This is not a major problem because Ill just buy me a DP to HDMI kabel that support 4K@60, and all sound will work anyway. dont think this i kodi fault, but some missing setting i xorg or something...
Tbe majority of Intel chipsets don't natively do HDMI 2.0 instead they have LPSCON that converts a DP output from Intel chipset to HDMI 2.0. There's been cases where the LSPCON has needed a firmware upgrade to get HD audio working via HDMI, however I'm not if what you have is one of these. Check on Intel support pages to see if there's HDMI firmware for what you have.

One reason I suspect this is the fact DP outputs HD audio, as this is typically a sign of a LSPCON issue.
Thank you for your clarifications on this, when you tell me about this, it all make perfect sense.
I'll just use the DP port instead and skip the via HDMI, Ill also se the amplifyer og picture are behaving much better. 
Amplifyer (denon avc-a110) is no longer hang on the latest sound mode the movie had, but goes back to stereo mode, everytime playback is stoppet..

So this is just for other also experience the same problem, if your mainboard have DP, just buy DP to HDMI kabel that support 4k@60, and you are good to go on all sound modus the movie liberary you have, have to offer
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
trueHD, DTS-HD passtrough only DP port0