Skin recommended for Animated Movie and TV Show Posters
Love the posters and thanks for sharing. Can anyone recommend a skin that works well with these as the ones I have tried tend to stutter or freeze when scrolling through the library.
(2022-03-09, 15:27)Blackysb Wrote: Love the posters and thanks for sharing.

I split your question off from the original forum thread, because first of all it's not a support thread. And I don't think the skin is your biggest problem, but more the inadequate hardware that has the process all the animated posters and fanart.

What hardware are you using?
Thanks for reply, using nvidia shield 2019 Pro with 500gb ssd. Library is from seagate 8tb hard drives.
Check out this reply on my thread from @brazen1; they mention the setup they use.  Also, it depends on the library view you are using.  I use the Poster view (which stutters when scrolling) because I like to see more of my animated posters on the screen at one time.  From what I have viewed online from my searches for other animated poster creators is they use a view which only displays one poster at a time.  I used to use the MyFlix view, but it isn't animated poster friendly, so I tried all of the other views and found Poster view worked for me and what I was looking for.  These APNG posters can be labor intensive on your CPU that is why I try to make them as small a file size as I can and still provide some sort of animation.  GIF's work better but APNG's look better.  I wish it was as easy as point and click but you will have to do some trial and error to find which view works best for what you are trying to achieve.
(2022-03-09, 19:42)Klatue Wrote: Check out this reply on my thread from @brazen1; they mention the setup they use.  Also, it depends on the library view you are using.  I use the Poster view (which stutters when scrolling) because I like to see more of my animated posters on the screen at one time.  From what I have viewed online from my searches for other animated poster creators is they use a view which only displays one poster at a time.  I used to use the MyFlix view, but it isn't animated poster friendly, so I tried all of the other views and found Poster view worked for me and what I was looking for.  These APNG posters can be labor intensive on your CPU that is why I try to make them as small a file size as I can and still provide some sort of animation.  GIF's work better but APNG's look better.  I wish it was as easy as point and click but you will have to do some trial and error to find which view works best for what you are trying to achieve.

Thanks for that, I'll experiment with the views.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Skin recommended for Animated Movie and TV Show Posters0