Purple/Pink/Red/Blue color tinted video in Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) with ATI graphics
Hi ranglin,

Thanks for the report (oh, and welcome to these parts Smile)

The current thinking is that it's (another) bug in OS X's ATI GL drivers. This time it's in the GLSL shader rather than the ARB shader which was what Elan remedied last time around. We presume that it's been fixed in 10.5, as otherwise there would have been earlier reports about this.

A possible fix is dropping down to the ARB shader and testing that. Can you build yourself by any chance? If not, we'll see if we can throw a build your way at some point for testing purposes.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I can't really build myself, but I'd be happy to try another build if you'd like to throw it my way...

Oh, and just for comparison purposes, it works fine on my regular Macbook, also running Tiger, which suggests it probably is a video card issue.
New to XBMC. I have same color problem with latest version of Tiger on a MacBook Pro 2.0 Core Duo. I'm trying to play 1080i MPEG 2 videos.
Thanks
Just installed Atlantis on Intel iMac running Tiger 10.4.11 and everything seems great except all my videos are pink and blue (not my fav combo) and blurry. All vids are this way, not codec specific to AVI, MOV, etc.
Otherwise seems fine and very cool.

Thank you in advance for any help on this
ATI graphic card, correct.

There is an issue with 10.4 and ATI graphics cards that we are looking into. It's a bug that seems to be fixed in the 10.5 ATI graphics driver.
Thanx for the heads up regarding the color problem. Also I noticed that when I tried to play music thru Airfoil which is hardwired to my speakers, it would not play. I tried a variety of combos on the Airfoil app menu, XBMC, iTunes, and when I clicked Default System input it responded but was totally wack.
MrHipster Wrote:Thanx for the heads up regarding the color problem. Also I noticed that when I tried to play music thru Airfoil which is hardwired to my speakers, it would not play. I tried a variety of combos on the Airfoil app menu, XBMC, iTunes, and when I clicked Default System input it responded but was totally wack.
Please respect that for easier thread management we only allow one topic per thread.

http://forum.xbmc.org/faq.php
Quote:5. Respect that only one issue/subject per thread is allowed! Again, search for existing first!
6. Don't report more than one bug or one request per topic! Again, search for existing first!
Please start a new thread (after searching) for each separate issue you have, thanks.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Any updates on this bug? By chance is it fixed in B1? Smile
I'm using B1, and fm the response I got, it seems to be a known bug with some Tiger
users. So I guess we'll have to be patient until Oct. and hope they figure it out.

Imac 2Hhz Intel duo Core running Tiger 10.4.11
This should be fixed as of r15704, so the next release will have the fix.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

Tiger users with this issue, please download Beta 2 and change Settings->Video->Render Method to ARB or Software and report back on how video renders. Thanks.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

Bingo !
DL beta.2 per your post. Changed Render to ARB.
Quality of video is excellent !!!!!
Thank you !!!
Good Work and thanks for being so responsive !!

iMac Intel duo core running Tiger 10.4.11
I have this problem too.

Here is what i get and this whatever the file format is !

ImageImage ImageImage

For information, this bug will not occur in Plex.

MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo 2,33 Ghz / 3 Gb RAM / ATI Radeon X 1600 256 Mb
Mac OS X 10.4.11 / xbmc 8.10 b2
And did you try what d4rk suggests?

M-Rick
I downloaded the Atlantis 2.beta - problem solved !!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Purple/Pink/Red/Blue color tinted video in Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) with ATI graphics0