Purple/Pink/Red/Blue color tinted video in Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) with ATI graphics
Sad 
I'm running the newest version of XBMC for Mac OS X 10.4.11 (Tiger) and have a ATI Radeon graphics controller (a X1600 in my case).

I can't get any video color to work properly.

Audio works fine, but the video is purple(ish) color tinted and thus make it unwatchable for me.

I even tried converted a file to QuickTime and got the same results.

I can take a screenshot if need be, do you want that?

Here are the contents of my debug log file: http://pastebin.com/f4fed4550
Do you have ghosting as well (image in top left, but weird ghosting elsewhere) - if so, try this:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=206...tcount=118

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Based on the fact that you have an ATI card, it is possible that you've encountered a driver bug that some Windows and Linux users have also encountered. You can try the GL rectangle texture hack by opening/creating ~/Library/Application Data/XBMC/userdata/advancedsettings.xml and adding:
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<glrectanglehack>1</glrectanglehack>
</advancedsettings>

EDIT: Didn't realize JM had replied :-)
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

Quote:18:39:00 T:2684407808 M:677552128 DEBUG: Constructing surface 1680x1050, shared=0x0, fullscreen=1

18:39:01 T:2684407808 M:667639808 DEBUG: Asking to resize surface to 1680 x 1050

18:39:01 T:2684407808 M:664555520 INFO: Loading user windows, path /Users/bunky/Library/Application Support/XBMC/skin/MediaStream/720p

18:39:01 T:2684407808 M:664727552 ERROR: Window Translator: Can't find window settingscategory
18:39:01 T:2684407808 M:664727552 ERROR: Error evaluating boolean expression !Window.Previous(0) + !Window.Previous(SettingsCategory) + !Window.Previous(1001) + !Window.Previous(130) + !Window.Previous(34)

Thanks for using a pastebin site, it helps keep the clutter down. Noticed a couple of things in the log. Looks like iMac24 or MacBookPro from the screen size. Running in FullScreen and using MediaStream as a skin. Seems to pick the 720p flavor. The two errors I've not see before and I'd have to track them down.

Are the GUI colors correct but only the video content display is purple, a screenshot of both would be nice to see. Also what video formats have you tried so I can try and reproduce. And does windowed mode give the same results?
Ah, I knew I should have mentioned that I searched the forums and tried that fix for the hell of it. It didn't make a difference. Thanks for the fast replies though.
A screenshot would help for sure.

The log errors about settingscategory are a problem with the Mediastream skin specifically. There is no window called settingscategory in this case - it's a wrapper for the settings windows, of which there are currently eight. I'll chat with the MS guys about whether they need any changes within XBMC to accomplish whatever they're trying to do.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yep, it's a MacBook Pro. The GUI colors are correct. I uploaded a screenshot to Flickr here. The purple effect is constant through fullscreen and windowed mode. Here's a screenshot of Futurama playing. I'm mainly trying to play AVIs, but I converted an episode of the Office to Quicktime to see if it was just a problem with AVIs.
yuck, did you try the mod to ~/Library/Application Data/XBMC/userdata/advancedsettings.xml that was mentioned below?
davilla Wrote:yuck, did you try the mod to ~/Library/Application Data/XBMC/userdata/advancedsettings.xml that was mentioned below?
Yeah. I tried that before posting this thread.
Unfortunately I don't have a Mac box with an ATI chipset. Just AppleTV (nvidia), MacMini (Intel) and MacBook (Intel).

This is something that will defiantly need fixing as there are numerious Mac Boxes out there running 10.4 with ATI chipsets.

d4rk, any sign of this under 10.5 on a Mac box with an ATI chipset?
I haven't been able to reproduce on a 10.5 iMac, which has an ATI HD 2600 Pro.

bunky, if you can post a screenshot, that would be helpful. From the description, it sounds a little like the problem the GMA 950 in the Mac Mini had, which was traced down to the ARB shader compiler not respecting the negation operator. However on the ATI, the renderer is taking the GLSL path, which doesn't have the buggy negation workaround. Just thinking out loud, but it's a possibility.

d4rk he allready posted a screenshot on the first page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bunkster/28...5/sizes/o/
Jezz_X Wrote:d4rk he allready posted a screenshot on the first page
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bunkster/28...5/sizes/o/

Apparently I'm blind, thanks Jezz_X Laugh

Just chiming in to say that I've had the same problem with XBMC on 10.4. The machine I'm installing on is my wife's, which is a first-gen Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro running the latest version of Tiger. The problem appears similar to the "pink" problem squashed some time ago by Elan in OSXBMC, but I'm not sure if it's the same problem, since I can't really remember what the prior bug looked like.

I also have a regular old Core Duo Macbook at home running Tiger, so I might try and install on that and see if it does the same thing, report back... Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Purple/Pink/Red/Blue color tinted video in Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) with ATI graphics0