[GSoC 2022] Finish the new web interface
Hi Kodi Community,

Following is my weekly report: The coding process began last week. I began working on the "Working on the Rightsidebar" issue after discussing it with the mentor. This issue primarily consists of the following four sub-issues:

1. Implementing switching of tabs between Kodi and Local tab.
  2. Change of theme upon switching the tabs.
  3. Making audio and video tab inside rightsidebar.
  4. Integrating rightsidebar with backend.
I've implemented the first three sub-issues and created a PR for each of them, and I've been making the necessary code changes as required after discussing with the mentor.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohd. Shaheer
Hi Kodi Community,
Following is my weekly report: I had been working on the "Working on Rightsidebar" issue. I finished implementing all of its sub-issues and made PRs for each one. There were a total of 4 sub-issues, and they all have been merged into the main codebase. I have been discussing with the mentor and on elm slack regarding any issue which I am facing during the development and providing possible solutions for issues. I will now take up the next issue and start working on the same.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohd. Shaheer
Hi Kodi Community, 
Following is my weekly report: I began working on "Implementing the sort functionality” issue last week. During the development, I ran into an issue where the basic approach for implementing the front-end on the vertical navbar couldn’t be done due to some limitations so, I shared the issue with the mentor and upon discussion, suggested a possible solution which is a better design that elm eventually forces you into for some reasons and have begun working on it after making a PR as an example for the suggested approach and got it reviewed. Additionally, I created a PR that got merged, in which a parcel svg plugin was installed in order to use the svg files in the project as it has pixel-perfect scaling and smaller file size.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohd. Shaheer
Hi Kodi Community,
Following is my weekly report: Last week I completed another milestone ‘implementing the sort functionality’ where I implemented the 2 sub-issues namely “Creating the sorting methods” and “Implementing the front-end of sort functionality”. I created two PRs that were related to this issue and they were merged into the main codebase after discussions with the mentor and making the required code changes. I will now take up the next issue and start working on the same.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohd. Shaheer
Hi Kodi Community,
Following is my weekly report: Last week, before moving on to the next issue  while working on the sort functionality, I realized that major UI rework was required in some places, so after discussing with the mentor, I suggested that we can keep making MRs in between for improving the UI elements as we go along implementing the functionalities and fixing issues, making gradual progress in the UI areas as well. I reworked the Artist and Album card UI and created a PR that got merged into the main codebase. Also, the next issue which I took to work on is “Implementing video playback” and I plan to carry it out as follows:

Firstly, I will start working on the UI of the individual artist, album, and video pages, because video playback/streaming is done through these pages in the web interface using the stream button. After that, I will start working on the back-end of it.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohd. Shaheer
Hi Kodi Community,
Following is my weekly report: Last week, I created a PR where I added fields to the Movie, TvShow, and Video Objects as they were not defined in the previous implementation of the code, and modified the decoders in order to fetch those fields for the Objects and while working on this issue, I found out that we didn’t have a working TvShow page so, I went ahead created a decoder from scratch for TvShow object and worked on the front-end.

I will also be writing a blog for the first half of GSoC during the evaluation period which was decided after a discussion with the mentor.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohd. Shaheer
Hi Kodi Community,
Following is my weekly report: Last week was the mid-evaluation for GSoC. During the evaluation period, I was working on the Blog post for the Mid evaluation reflection. After the evaluation, I shared my plan for the second half with my mentor. The issue which I will be working on is “Implementing the video playback”. I created a thread on slack in which I will keep posting updates related to my progress and recently created a PR in which I reworked the UI of Song Bar in Elm Chorus.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohd. Shaheer
(2022-08-03, 14:58)mshaheer Wrote: Thanks & Regards,

Not sure if you're getting any responses through other channels (I don't follow 'everything'), but here it seems to become a bit like a one-man show.
Anyway, I think it's great to see regular updates of the project you're working on, and hope that the progress is still ongoing.
Hi @Klojum  , 
Thank you for checking with me. Yes, I am receiving responses on the project on the GSoC slack channel. I keep posting the updates both here and on the mailing list so that the Kodi Community can see them and stay informed about the Project's ongoing progress.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohd. Shaheer
Hi Kodi Community,
Following is my weekly report: I had been working on the video playback functionality for the movieid_int page and videoid_int page for the past week.
I created PRs for them and they have been merged into the main codebase.

Thanks & Regards, 
Mohd. Shaheer
Hi Kodi Community,
Following is my weekly report:  For the past week, I have been working on the Tvshowid_int page and Seasonid_int page. I have implemented its front-end from scratch, worked on the routing, modified and created decoders, created season and episode objects, etc. I have created PRs for them and making the required changes in the code upon discussions with the mentor.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohd. Shaheer
Hi Kodi Community,
Following is my weekly report: I have been working on the seasonid_int page for the past week. Its PR got merged into the main codebase. I have also worked on the episodeid_int page. I have worked on its routing, implemented episode video playback, and modified the EpisodeObj and EpisodeObj Decoder. I have also created a PR for it.

Thanks & Regards,
Mohd. Shaheer
Hi Kodi Community,
Following is my weekly report: Last week, I had implemented the filter functionality for all the pages and It’s PR got merged into the main codebase.
Since I have completed the required tasks and coding period has officially ended, I will be spending the final evaluation period writing a blog about my gsoc reflection, submitting my work on gsoc dashboard and fixing any minor bugs which are left .

Thanks & Regards,
Mohd. Shaheer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[GSoC 2022] Finish the new web interface0