How do Advanced keyword timer searches work?
My Google-fu must be weak tonight, because I can’t find any kind of documentation on it to save my life. Basically I just need to set up a timer that records any show whose title includes the phrases “NHL Hockey” and “Seattle Kraken”, in that order. I can’t figure out how to do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much!
I will tell you the non-Kodi way I think you should do this, since it is far easier

- open the Search page in the NextPVR web server
- click "More Options"
- type NHL Hockey in the Titletext and Kraken in the Subtitletext
- click "Search Guide" to confirm this is was what you want (recommended)
- click "Create Recording"

Martin
Agreed that will likely work, but it drove me absolutely insane that I could find NO documentation at all on how to do it within the Kodi UI. I’m transitioning from WMC (finally) and I suspect I’m going to run into a bunch of these “good enough” situations as I go…
Ah, I was looking in the wrong place. I should have been looking for NextPVR documentation on the syntax. I see when I did the search that NPVR put the syntax together for me, so at least now I can learn it. Smile

At any rate, sports timers achieved, and thanks! Smile
I disagree that my answer was "good enough" I consider it the recommended answer.  Kodi provides a generic front end and there is no reason to assume that functionality and rules are the same from PVR to PVR and it is not always the best place to do things.

As for your question it would be impossible to document an answer easily since it would only apply to guide date with the Schedules Direct styled data.  Besides no one ever offers to document NextPVR on its wiki so it is what it is.

Martin
(2022-03-14, 20:41)emveepee Wrote: I disagree that my answer was "good enough" I consider it the recommended answer.

Whoa there, wasn't looking to pick a fight. Smile I wasn't referring to your response, which was appreciated and very useful. I was just saying that there are going to be ways of doing things within this PVR setup that are going to be a little less (smooth, neat, tidy, whatever you wanna call it) than they were under WMC. Such is the nature of FOSS a lot of the time, and that's one of the tradeoffs you make, and that's fine. Really I marvel at what a polished package it is overall for the low low price of free, and I have for many years on a truly disturbing range of devices. Smile

Quote:Kodi provides a generic front end and there is no reason to assume that functionality and rules are the same from PVR to PVR and it is not always the best place to do things.

Agreed, especially when I followed your directions and realized that the syntax comes directly from NPVR and has nothing to do with Kodi at all. That's when I realized I was barking up the wrong tree to start with.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do Advanced keyword timer searches work?0