Newbie skinner needs some help
Hi there,
recently I started the development of a new skin, based on AppTV, because I guess it's much easier to start with an existing one instead of creating from scratch. And AppTV is minimalistic, which I prefer not only on the screen, I guess it's also easier to get familiar with skin development at all. My skin should have its focus on file mode, to get a nice UI even if you don't put all you movies and series into the Kodi database (I try to get a replacement for my old WDTV, to be honest ;-)).

AppTV has 2 important basic functions:
  • The folders have their own image, when "folder.jpg" exists in that folder (I guess every Kodi skin does this), and
  • The movies are displayed with a movie poster, when the file "moviefilename-poster.jpg" exists next to the movie file (other skins display a thumbnail).

But I really don't know where to adjust the following settings, and I'm getting mad on searching for this:
  • Where can I adjust the number of movie posters in one row? Standard is 4, I like to see 6 or 7 in one row.
  • The size of the posters seems to be okay, but just in case: where can I adjust that?
  • Where can I adjust the transparency of the posters?
  • Is it possible to display the "fanart.jpg" of that folder, which content is currently displayed (instead of the current selected one). Example: I have a folder with "Collections", when I enter it, there are other folders like "LotR", "Marvel", "Shakespeare" and so on. Current behavior is, when I select "Marvel", the file "fanart.jpg" in the folder "Marvel" will be displayed in the background, even if I'm still in the "Collections" level. Instead, I want the "fanart.jpg" of the folder "Collections" be displayed (regardless of the selection), and the "fanart.jpg" of the folder "Marvel" *after* entering that subdirectory...

Bonus question: ;-)
Sorry for such newbie questions, but the documentation for skinning is really huge and wild...
Thanks in advance!
Anybody?
Just for curiosity I downloaded app tv and added a movie folder in widgets , the home screen shows 6 posters not 4.
Not sure about "loop" video , but if you could find a big enough "GiF" with decent resolution , that can be used instead of background image.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie skinner needs some help0