Kodi not doing updates from tinyMediaManager
I am running Kodi on an Android TV. The version is 19.3.

I have a number of movies being accessed by Kodi that are not showing properly, as well as some movie sets that I needed to 
update. In order to do these things, I have used tinyMediaManager to gather all the movies for my move sets, correct errors in my 
movie information,and get the correct artwork that is associated with the movies and movie sets.

I connected to my Kodi instance and made several attempts to update Kodi. My attempts, for the most part, have failed.   

According to Kodi and tinyMediaManager documentation, movies are updated using the .nfo files generated by tinyMediaManager.
It doesn't look like Kodi is reading all of the updated files that I generated. Furthermore, when updating through 
tinyMediaManager, Kodi does not update the movie set information at all.

I have looked at the documentation for both applications, and am seeing no reason for these failures. Is there some other process
that needs to be performed in order to get Kodi to at least detect the changes that I made in movies and movie sets?
Am I missing something, or have I found a bug in one or both of those applications?

I am running tinymediaManager V4 on a Windows machine. It is connected to Kodi via SMB.

Can anyone provide insights on how to solve the problems I have found here?
@FactorThree

TMM have their own support forum. Best if you ask the question there.

I haven't used TMM for many years, but are you simply creating nfo files then running an Update Library in Kodi, or are you using another method?
If the movie is already in your library and you update the nfo files, running an Update Library won't work. You need to use the Refresh option on the movie information page. Or delete the movie and scan it in again.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Karellen:

Thank you for your reply.

1. I had already cross- posted this topic on the tinyMediaManager site when I posted here. I had decided that I would need to get insights from both forums if I was to have a chance of finding a solution to my problems. I am waiting for replies to my post on the tinyMediaManager forum.

2. Actually, I don't mind doing the "refresh" you mentioned, and I have been doing it for some of the movies that I corrected/updated. The problem is that I have 600+ movies in Kodi's database, of which 200+ needed correction -- some of which aren't even showing up on Kodi at all. As there is apparently no way to do a bulk refresh of the movies using their .nfo files (apparently, there is no functionality that allows refreshing of movies in individual folders or movie sets!), this means that I have to refresh each movie (or TV show) individually. Not only that, but it is not really possible to refresh movies that Kodi is not finding even after multiple updates. Furthermore, the movie delete and scan will require me to delete and rescan hundreds of movies scattered across several folders -- something that Kodi does not allow. Each of at least 231 movies will have to be individually deleted and rescanned. Most likely, it will be quicker to delete and rescan everything -- something that I'd be willing to do if Kodi provided a means of doing so. 

3. The solutions discussed in (2) do not solve the problem of bad or missing information in the Movie Sets. There is apparently no way to update movie sets in Kodi -- which is a major reason why I started using tinyMediaManager in the first place. Kodi provides the ability to manage the movies in individual movie sets, and the ability to choose artwork (one at a time) for the movie set. tinyMediaManager actually scrapes tmdb (and other places) for set metadata and artwork. It allows someone to edit and update a movie set with a single menu selection, where Kodi requires several clicks/operations to perform the same operation. This is why I was using timyMediaManager to update everything.

From what you are telling me, it looks like tinyMediaManager is not very useful in updating or refreshing movies or movie sets. Since making changes to movie/movie set metadata requires a lot of operations on individual entities, and since it appears that Kodi has no ability to update or "refresh" movies or sets en masse, it appears that Kodi is not designed to handle large numbers of movies or movie sets, and TMM is not a very useful tool for providing the functionality that Kodi is missing.

Please correct me if I am wrong...
(2022-03-27, 02:45)FactorThree Wrote: some of which aren't even showing up on Kodi at all.
Do you have nfo files and local artwork for them? If yes, can you post the contents of one of the nfo files to Kodi Paste Site and I'll check if there are any problems with the file.
Also need a Debug Log which captures you scanning the missing movies into the library. Go to Videos>Files>Your Source>Movie and then press i on your keyboard to start the scan of that individual movie.

(2022-03-27, 02:45)FactorThree Wrote: As there is apparently no way to do a bulk refresh of the movies using their .nfo files (apparently, there is no functionality that allows refreshing of movies in individual folders or movie sets!), this means that I have to refresh each movie (or TV show) individually.
Here are the various methods to scan individual and bulk items... https://kodi.wiki/view/Updating_or_removing_videos

(2022-03-27, 02:45)FactorThree Wrote: Furthermore, the movie delete and scan will require me to delete and rescan hundreds of movies scattered across several folders -- something that Kodi does not allow
See Refresh Source in the above link

(2022-03-27, 02:45)FactorThree Wrote: Most likely, it will be quicker to delete and rescan everything -- something that I'd be willing to do if Kodi provided a means of doing so. 
If you have nfo files and local artwork, then it probably would be easier to do a full library scan.
Kodi does provide a means. Remove the Source allow it to clean library, then add it back.

(2022-03-27, 02:45)FactorThree Wrote: There is apparently no way to update movie sets in Kodi
See... https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets and https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_set_information_folder

(2022-03-27, 02:45)FactorThree Wrote: It allows someone to edit and update a movie set with a single menu selection, where Kodi requires several clicks/operations to perform the same operation. This is why I was using timyMediaManager to update everything.
Ok.

(2022-03-27, 02:45)FactorThree Wrote: From what you are telling me, it looks like tinyMediaManager is not very useful in updating or refreshing movies or movie sets
It depends on what type of changes you are making. Provide an example of the changes you are making.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Greetings, Karellen:

Actually, thanks to your info and info from the tinyMediaManager forum, I was able to work out a procedure for making changes for movies and TV shows and getting them updated en mass in Kodi. I am also able to update movie sets en mass and get their artwork to display.

Everything is working out well. Thanks.

And by the way: I love your moniker. I first read Childhood's End when I was 12, and Karellan was my favorite character. I still reread it now and again, and while the miniseries didn't do justice to the book, it was still pretty enjoyable.
So what was the solution.  I'm have TMM and find the same issue and would like to know if it was resolved somehow.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi not doing updates from tinyMediaManager0