Req Can the DVBViewer Client manage the Windows power management, please?
Question 
Hello developers,
it seems that Kodi has a problem with detecting busy state because if I listening radio via DVBViewer Client then this ends up in Windows sleep mode. Of course it could be also a problem within the DVBViewer Client add-on. Hint: At watching TV all is fine. Two questions:
  1. Which part of the system (Kodi or the DVBViewer Client) is missing the busy state and therefore does not suspended the Windows power management?
  2. Independent of 1): Can the DVBViewer Client team implement a 'suspended the Windows power management' solution, please?
It is (in C++) simple, please see here (link). This (my initial question) was moved from category Windows to Music, I do not expect to get a solution there ...
I know that 2. is only a workaround if Kodi is the problem cause but for me as user it is don't care who helps.

My concrete using scenario is as follows.
I configured the Picture Slideshow Screensaver to start after 1 minute.
At (GER):
  • Benutzeroberfläche -> Einstellungen / Benutzeroberfläche -> Bildschirmschoner
I disabled (GER):
  • Bei Musikwiedergabe Visualisierung verwenden
This starts the screensaver instead of 'some visualization' at playing 'music'.
At the Kodi main screen I select 'Radio'.
Now I select some radio station and enjoy music with my photos on top.

System: Kodi 19.4 / 64 Bit Win10 21H2

Greeting!

Michael
(2022-03-27, 12:21)_Michael_ Wrote: it seems that Kodi has a problem with detecting busy state because if I listening radio via DVBViewer Client then this ends up in Windows sleep mode. Of course it could be also a problem within the DVBViewer Client add-on. Hint: At watching TV all is fine. Two questions:
  1. Which part of the system (Kodi or the DVBViewer Client) is missing the busy state and therefore does not suspended the Windows power management?
  2. Independent of 1): Can the DVBViewer Client team implement a 'suspended the Windows power management' solution, please?
1) Kodi should inhibit the system from entering a sleep state as long as its busy.

2) I won't add this as it's Kodis job. Also there a multiple platforms. Windows is just one of them.
Question 
(2022-03-30, 13:33)manül Wrote:
(2022-03-27, 12:21)_Michael_ Wrote: Two questions:
  2. ...
1) Kodi should inhibit the system from entering a sleep state as long as its busy.

Fine but you have not answered my 1st question. I will ask in other words again:
Is the DVBViewer Client telling to Kodi that it is "working / busy" while playing radio? How is this made?
To come closer to the source of the problem:
Why is playing TV working as expected but playing radio not? I.e. what is the difference between both?
(2022-03-30, 19:17)_Michael_ Wrote: Fine but you have not answered my 1st question. I will ask in other words again:
Is the DVBViewer Client telling to Kodi that it is "working / busy" while playing radio? How is this made?
It's the other way round. Kodi is requesting the stream data of channel/radio xyz from the PVR. So Kodi knows when and which channel (either radio or TV) is being played.
(2022-03-30, 19:17)_Michael_ Wrote: To come closer to the source of the problem:
Why is playing TV working as expected but playing radio not? I.e. what is the difference between both?
On the PVR side there's no difference except that radio channel have a radio flag, TV channels have a TV flag.
Thank you, manül. One step forward.
I (try) here (link) to continue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can the DVBViewer Client manage the Windows power management, please?0