Release Yahoo! Weather
(2022-03-23, 21:28)axbmcuser Wrote: @stringlefellow 
The main code work came from @ronie . I just did some debugging and additional changes/optimizations. :-D

It seems yahoo did change something again yesterday causing the addon to stop working again though. Undecided
Yes,thanks both and also sadly i see it just broke aswell like you just mentionedSad
Thank you for your work
I almost finished correction (just testing now), but honestly saying, I'm not sure I want to make it public because of that funny guy @axbmcuser . I mean, from that
(2022-02-15, 15:13)StrangeAlien Wrote: For those still want to repair their Yahoo! add-on: replacement for default.py Just put it over previous default one.
P.S. thanks to @ronie for explore of problem
through that:
Quote:<addon id="weather.yahoo" name="Yahoo! Weather (KODI 17+18) (axbmcuser)" version="5.2.5" provider-name="ronie">
to that:
Quote:axbmcuser Wrote:

@stringlefellow 
 I just did some debugging and additional changes/optimizations. :-D
Information 
@StrangeAlien 

This goes in the wrong direction. ^^

As far as i can know the repo contains @ronies last fix with additional code i wrote to improve his fix. (with @ronie being the only credited addon author)
You can find the exact code i changed+added in this patch: https://pastebin.com/raw/xsjcHb76 Ref. https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3087701

So, i'm asking you:

Why don't you describe your potential concerns in an understandable manner instead of spreading passive-negative out of context quotes? Smile

Would be great if we end up with an end result which benefits the Kodi community.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Well, I don't think some kind of holy wars is good idea at all and in that particular forum exactly.
But let me explain, not for You, but for other peeps: @ronie found reason for what Yahoo! Weather stopped working, but he corrected it in a way I don't like: through invisible parts of .xml. I got @ronie's idea and turned it into more appropriate for me way, I mean through cookie file. Then You got MY file fully, included it in YOURS repository without any refers, named  YOU as author, and now You wondering why I don't like it.  Yes, I don't like it, because it looks very close to steal for me. Sorry.
@StrangeAlien 

Well - what you say is in fact based on wrong assumptions:

I never changed the author-name of the addon.
It's only @ronie as clearly can be seen.    "[...] provider-name="ronie"> Image

Why didn't you upload a complete addon-zip where you could have added your name to the "addon.xml" author-tag containing besides @ronie if that's important to you?

I'd have been more than happy to put both ronie and you in the xml author-tag as authors.
I don't care about being in the author tag for this addon. (...and never have been in it...)

I can only assume that part of your assumptions are based on the fact that i sometimes use "(Kodi 17+18) (axbmcuser)" remarks in the addons title within in the repo to clearly show the repo origin:

Old Kodi 17/18 doesn't show the "repo origin" as that's an Kodi 19+ feature.
Therefore i mark old addons "repo origin" within the title which happens to be the same name as my username. If my repo would have the name "pineapple123vault" the title would have contained (pineapple123vault). ^^

Seems like you just want to assume something bad here.

Final offer before case closed for me:

If you want to give your latest changes to the community and don't want to make you own repo, i'd still be happy to add it to the repo with your name in the author-tag.
(provider-name)

Maybe you could base your latest changes on v5.2.5 and combine the two versions?
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Keeping in mind take it easy at one hand and be helpful for community at another one:
1. I didn't publish whole .zip nor forked github because I don't interesting to become "real" maintainer: as per my point of view I had to test everything on all platforms if I call myself maintainer and that's something I don't have time nor willing.
2. Eventually, simple mention my participating is enough for me; I'll be quite happy to be mentioned just as contributor, but it's up to You.
3. I can confirm Y! Weather works for me, but I have strange problem with data getting error from time to time and I can't find root cause for that error, so I'll keep my finding a couple of days and will make decision what I should do then.
since i stopped developing this addon a long time ago and as any recent changes weren't done by me, i wouldn't mind if my name was removed as the author of this addon. :-)
you're of course more than welcome to use my code any way you want, but please don't release your changes in my name.

last night, i made a change to Multi Weather that fixes weather data retrieval from Yahoo:
https://gitlab.com/ronie/weather.multi/-...a357cb1b5b
perhaps this change will work for the Yahoo Weather addon as well...
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Rainbow 
@ronie 
Thanks. I merged most of your changes and added some more error catching to the old addon. v5.2.6 working again.
Also, i replaced your author-info with "Kodi Community" and added some code contribution info for everyone to the description text. Music
Thank you everyone involved,working again now Smile
@axbmcuser,  since last @ronie decision it's time for You to fork addon on github, I suppose
(2022-03-29, 04:36)axbmcuser Wrote: @ronie 
Thanks. I merged most of your changes and added some more error catching to the old addon. v5.2.6 working again.
Also, i replaced your author-info with "Kodi Community" and added some code contribution info for everyone to the description text. Music

thanx and good to hear you got the addon working again!
let's hope yahoo doesn't have any more tricks up their sleeve in the near future.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
It stopped working again Undecided

Code:
ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.KeyError'>
                                            Error Contents: "name='B', domain=None, path=None"
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 348, in <module>
                                                forecast(location, locationid)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/weather.yahoo/default.py", line 171, in forecast
                                                cookie = response.cookies['B']
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/cookies.py", line 328, in __getitem__
                                                return self._find_no_duplicates(name)
                                              File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/cookies.py", line 399, in _find_no_duplicates
                                                raise KeyError('name=%r, domain=%r, path=%r' % (name, domain, path))
                                            KeyError: "name='B', domain=None, path=None"
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Hi @axbmcuser,

First off, thanks for trying to keep this add-on running. It seems to be the only "working" weather add-on that's available for previous versions of Kodi (pre Python 3). Unfortunately for the last several days I'm getting a notification saying "Data Error: forecast" whenever it tries to get the data from Yahoo. Is there any chance you could take a look and see if it's an easy fix? I'm guessing Yahoo changed something and the data's not what the add-on's expecting. Any clue would be much appreciated, even if it means me editing the Python code on my end. Thanks again.
@pixel8tor 

@ronie seemingly has a fix for the new yahoo changes. Cool I don't have the time to adapt it to this old addon at the moment. Maybe some time later on! Smile

If someone like @StrangeAlien or someone else wants to jump in im happy to add a fix to the now broken v5.2.6 and add it to the repo. Just let me know...
Well, I forced it to work. As I wrote before, download file ,replace old default.py downloaded one and restart Kodi.
@axbmcuser , feel free to use it for new version of addon in Your repository.
As usual, a lot of thanks to @ronie for his great job to explore problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yahoo! Weather0