Release Yahoo! Weather
Hello all. I'd be really curious to know how you managed to make it work. I just simply can't. Tried all available versions, tried installing from the repo, uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. I also tried to create an empty cookies.txt file, totally pointless indeed. By the way, that cookies.txt file just won't create at all in my case. I'm getting the same error Mr.Floppy originally had no matter what I try. I even tested it on a Windows 10 21H2 machine with a brand new Kodi install and same exact thing: the dreaded "Data Error: forecast" error pops up. Edit: I also tried even on Android (Samsung Galaxy A02s, fresh install of Kodi 18.9) and guess what? Same result, again. Either the add-on doesn't generate a cookies.txt file on fresh installs anymore, or I definitely missed something crucial, or I'm victim of a curse. Tongue

I use Kodi 18.9. Tried on two systems already (now four, 2 Windows 7, 1 Windows 10 and 1 Android!). At this point, there's absolutely no chance that I can grab a "working" cookies.txt file, like Mr.Floppy did. There must be something I missed but I'm incapable of finding what it is for the moment.

I wanted to try it again for pure curiosity after being quite disappointed by GisMeteo's predictions for my city. Otherwise, keep up the good work, really great of reviving what was once my preferred weather add-on.
I can only say that it works on my test machines - but if i find the time i have already planned to move away from the cookies file and back to writing the data to a hidden internal setting like @ronie  does (afair).

Can't say if that solves such cases since i don't have any problems with the file, but i planned the switch anyway. :-)
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2022-08-06, 22:04)Dioxaz Wrote: Hello all. I'd be really curious to know how you managed to make it work. I just simply can't. Tried all available versions, tried installing from the repo, uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail. I also tried to create an empty cookies.txt file, totally pointless indeed. By the way, that cookies.txt file just won't create at all in my case. I'm getting the same error Mr.Floppy originally had no matter what I try. I even tested it on a Windows 10 21H2 machine with a brand new Kodi install and same exact thing: the dreaded "Data Error: forecast" error pops up. Edit: I also tried even on Android (Samsung Galaxy A02s, fresh install of Kodi 18.9) and guess what? Same result, again. Either the add-on doesn't generate a cookies.txt file on fresh installs anymore, or I definitely missed something crucial, or I'm victim of a curse. Tongue

I use Kodi 18.9. Tried on two systems already (now four, 2 Windows 7, 1 Windows 10 and 1 Android!). At this point, there's absolutely no chance that I can grab a "working" cookies.txt file, like Mr.Floppy did. There must be something I missed but I'm incapable of finding what it is for the moment.

I wanted to try it again for pure curiosity after being quite disappointed by GisMeteo's predictions for my city. Otherwise, keep up the good work, really great of reviving what was once my preferred weather add-on.

Hi i have discovered the same problem :-( so you are not alone
It was working fine on my windows install but today i had to do a clean install and same issue as you,i get data error forecast message.I tried kodi 18.8 and 18.9 and both the same problem
I also tried it on a new android phone install to see if it would work but the same problem occurs.Seems something is missing on a new install or it dont like new installs for some reason lol
I still have it working on a previous android tv (hopefully as i didnt get chance to check but it was workingearlier this week)so when i get chance i will look for cookie file and see if i can copy it to this new install to see if it makes any difference and thanks to those that kept it going so long.
UPDATE: I copied the cookies.txt file from the one working on my androidtv to my windows install and its now working again
It seems for some reason now,new installs are not making the cookies.txt file anymore so unless you have a working one from a previous install that you can put in your addondata folder,then the addon wont work anymore

Thanks again for keeping this alive
I wonder if someone can share at least the structure of that cookies.txt file.
Not sure, for what reason You need that file, but it includes: Your personal cookie, You personal crumbles and date until they are valid. There are 5 pages only in current topic, so why not look over them, find my post page somewhere about page #3 and keep suggests on it?
Again, I might have missed something again or I might simply searched not deep enough but when trying your suggested fix in post #45, I get another error and kodi.log complains of "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\cookielib.py:1600: UserWarning: cookielib bug!". Returning to current default.py produces that "Data Error: forecast" error again caused by the absence of a cookies.txt file (which a mere user can't produce themselves if they don't have an already working setup elsewhere).

The reason I would need that file was thoroughly written in my posts above. At its current state, the addon is simply unusable on brand new installs, whichever the OS you run Kodi 18 on. Otherwise, thank you for giving clues about what it should contain.

However, I may have to look a little harder to make that addon work (looking through all the pages), but the time I decide to dedicate on troubleshooting it might end up limited on my side. Ideally, a user shouldn't have to look through each topic page and try all possible fixes to simply make an addon work. Many would lose patience right here.
Yes, You're right definitely about You shouldn't walk through huge amount of pages, but 5 pages aren't so big Smile
May I ask You for full log, 'cos that library error isn't the whole story obviously
Looks like those guys from Yahoo changed response again. So, follow my post to repair add-on
@StrangeAlien, you are the man! Thanks for such a quick and easy fix. I sure wish Yahoo would quit mucking about. Take care.
@StrangeAlien  - Hmm, well it worked the first time I ran Kodi after replacing default.py, but subsequent restarts of Kodi give me the pesky error again. Did they just change it again? Any ideas? Thanks for trying to keep this running, I appreciate it.
It's strange enough, 'cos I tried right now all variants: I mean, just restart Kodi and delete old cookies.txt and restart: it's all OK in both cases. So, can You write me pls, do You still have problems?
No worries. Today everything's working as expected. Not sure what happened last night, but I restarted Kodi several times and always had the error, then today it's working - go figure. Whatever, thanks again for your work. Take care.
Updated the addon in my repo to v5.3.0 Music

v5.3.0  (2022-11-20)
- Changed addon to use hidden addon settings for cookie data instead of external "cookies.txt" file (thx @ronie)
- Improved error handling with expanded automatic retry functionality
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
Just to be ahead of time this time, although the addon still worked great with the already improved error/retry-handling of v5.3.0, i just added @ronie latest error handling addition from his MultiWeather (KODI 19) to Yahoo! Weather v5.3.1 (KODI 17+18).

v5.3.1  (2022-12-05)
- Improved error handling (thx @ronie)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yahoo! Weather0