backgrounds for folders
hey all.

Using Amber on Libreelec version of Kodi.
I have a list of custom folders for all my movies, Action, Thriller, Comedy etc etc.
Custom menu links directly to the root folder of the drive, so when I go to the menu link movies what I have is a simple list, each folder is a movie set (thriller, action etc)
But the wallpaper is blank, no image on the folder either.

Is it possible to define a different wallpaper for each folder and if possible an image for the folder too?
(2022-03-31, 16:57)spottedhaggis Wrote: hey all.

Using Amber on Libreelec version of Kodi.
I have a list of custom folders for all my movies, Action, Thriller, Comedy etc etc.
Custom menu links directly to the root folder of the drive, so when I go to the menu link movies what I have is a simple list, each folder is a movie set (thriller, action etc)
But the wallpaper is blank, no image on the folder either.

Is it possible to define a different wallpaper for each folder and if possible an image for the folder too?

@spottedhaggis , if I understand correctly, you are not scanning these folders into your movie library, you are just using Files view.  Is this correct?

If so, then all you need to do is have a poster.jpg and a fanart.jpg in each folder, and Kodi will show those as the icon for the folder and the "wallpaper" for the folder, like this:

You do need to add the folder(s) as source(s) in Kodi (Videos, Files, Add Videos).  If you do not want to scan the movies into your library, then you can set the content for the folder(s) to None.

Please let me know if this is what you were looking for, or if I have misunderstood your request.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
backgrounds for folders0