Videos won't play on kodi 19.4, but VLC will play them fine
Hi,
I'm having a problem with kodi 19.4 playing videos (from youtube, or locally) where all I get is flashing colors.   The same local video played from vlc looks fine.
I've tried setting the "render method" to software, and also disabling "hardware acceleration-dxva" but there is no difference.
I've also tried full screen mode, and windowed mode with no difference.   Does kodi play things back in a different way than vlc or any other player?  It seems odd that only kodi can't play the file.  I've tried multiple files including avi, and mp4.  No luck.

The only other thing I noticed is that there is graphical glitch at the last letter of the words like the picture below shows.  The 2nd picture is what I see during playback which are flashing colors only.

Its an intel integrated graphics chip, core 2 duo processor if that helps.  I'm just surprised because all the videos play fine outside kodi.

Any advice how to fix this would be appreciated.    Alternatively, is there a way to get Kodi to use vlc for playback instead? 

ImageImage
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Thanks for the instructions, I had never done that before.  Hope I did it right.

The link is

https://paste.kodi.tv/owojawuyep.kodi

Any help is appreciated.
Jherb,
I have the same problem, no viideo and the last letter is scrambled, or strange character
Audio is fine.
If you've found a solution please let me know
robby10
@robby10  please see post #2 in the thread.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Dangelus
I'm not sure that I completed the bug report right, I tried for the first time.
Would you let me know if I did or not?
Robby10
If you have you haven't provided a link to it in this thread. Follow the instructions in post #2 of this thread then provide the link to the log here.
I sure hope I got it right this time

The link to debug log:

URL:  https://paste.kodi.tv/otahanarat
(2022-07-05, 20:09)robby10 Wrote: I sure hope I got it right this time

The link to debug log:

URL:  https://paste.kodi.tv/otahanarat

@robby10  Your installation is jammed packed with Banned Add-ons (wiki) and therefore not eligible for support here unless you remove them.

Please refer to the Forum Rules and piracy policy you agreed to follow when you signed up to the forum.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos won't play on kodi 19.4, but VLC will play them fine0