where does kodi addons reside once they are installed
hi.
can someone tell me where the kodi add-ons reside once they are installed on a windows 10 laptop. I'm using kodi version 19.
thank you
richbere
https://kodi.wiki/view/Kodi_data_folder#Location
(2022-04-01, 19:34)richbere Wrote: can someone tell me where the kodi add-ons reside once they are installed on a windows 10 laptop. I'm using kodi version 19.

Add-ons and their data are two separate entities. Their data storage location is in the "userdata/addon_data" folder as already specified in Hitchner's reply, while the addons themselves are stored in the "<kodi profile folder>/addons" location.
sorry i do not have the directorys in the kodi directory? userdata directory has only ios directory? is that the right directory or are there more? if so can you direct me to them.
I'm using windows 10
In Windows Explorer, go to %appdata%\kodi\addons and you should find sub-folders for each of your addons.
It's the shorthand equivalent of C:\Users\<YourUsername>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons

The userdata (wiki) folder is at %appdata%\kodi\userdata, and the actual config data for each addon is in the addon_data sub-folder from there (again in individual folders per addon).

This is for a "normal" installation. If you installed via the Windows Store, the location is a bit different (it is %LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalCache\Roaming\Kodi\ and sub-folders from that root).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
where does kodi addons reside once they are installed0