v19 Why are some EPG entries empty and why does the EPG item description does not scroll?
Question 
Hello (manül),

heres is a screenshot of what I mean:
Kodi_EPG_view_issues.jpg
1) The 2 orange marked rows show partly no EPG information. This was in the past (see below) not the case.
2) The orange arrow in the lower left corner: The text on the right was in the past scrolling down after some seconds, now the text is static.

How can I get back the behavior from the past? Thank you!

past: Kodi 18.x, DVBViewer_Media_Server_2.1.5.2_setup.exe 
now: Kodi 19.4, DVBViewer_Media_Server_3.2.1.0_setup.exe
I assume because there's no information/EPG entry for the shown time span.
(2022-04-19, 12:31)manül Wrote: I assume because there's no information/EPG entry for the shown time span.

I assume you answered exclusively to 1.:
I cannot tell if this makes sense, but when I manually open (watch) the TV channel (for about 1 min) then the EPG-info is present / updated. As I already mentioned: I have not seen such EPG behavior (gaps) before and it is now "frequent" present.
(2022-04-19, 20:13)_Michael_ Wrote:
(2022-04-19, 12:31)manül Wrote: I assume because there's no information/EPG entry for the shown time span.

I assume you answered exclusively to 1.:
I cannot tell if this makes sense, but when I manually open (watch) the TV channel (for about 1 min) then the EPG-info is present / updated. As I already mentioned: I have not seen such EPG behavior (gaps) before and it is now "frequent" present

Both, the DMS and the PVR update the EPG information again upon channel switch. Still, Kodi displays what EPG information is available. Older Kodi versions might have merged gaps.

Regarding 2: Kodi/the skin is responsible for the UI, including scrolling. The PVR is only fetching + pushing the data.
(2022-04-20, 11:40)manül Wrote: update the EPG information again upon channel switch.
I know, I mentioned it because you wrote:
(2022-04-19, 12:31)manül Wrote: I assume because there's no information/EPG entry ...
With my test I proofed that they are present, at least at the time I tried the EPG update.
(2022-04-20, 11:40)manül Wrote: Kodi/the skin is responsible for the UI, including scrolling.
Thank you manül, i.e. I have to ask elsewhere for fixing this. Do you know where in this huge forum is the right place?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why are some EPG entries empty and why does the EPG item description does not scroll?0