Broken Quest TV

Quest is a 24/7 broadcast television network that entertains and informs its viewers with exhilarating adventure programming about nature's greatest dangers, history's greatest mysteries and man's greatest achievements.

This add-on currently provides access to free episodes of the most popular shows only. *Matrix Only Version* There are plenty of free episodes to provide hours of entertainment. Tested with Matrix on Linux. YMMV if you're using other platforms. Download from the link below, or from my add-ons page. This add-on is not available from my repo.

Quest - v 2022.04.01

If you have any issues with the add-on, please enable log notifications in the add-on settings and post a link to a full debug log (wiki).
Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Reserved
Kodi Matrix on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Matrix on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: Local Now | Redbox | NEWSnet| NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
Works great, thank you very much.
Thanks. Works, although streams start really slow (up until 1 min to start).
(2022-04-07, 12:46)Atreyu Wrote: Thanks. Works, although streams start really slow (up until 1 min to start).

Doesn't take quite that long to load streams for me, but yes, it is a little slow. Same behavior as my True Crime Network add-on. No surprise though, they share common ownership and backend.
Yes, i figured as much. Not a big deal, other than that it works fine. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks MetalChris for this excellent Quest TV video add-on for Kodi Matrix+.

In the interest of running on Kodi 18.x Leia on my Raspberry Pi 2 with LibreELEC 9.2.x I back-ported the add-on to Python 2.

For anyone running an old install such as mine, start by installing Quest TV, then replace .kodi/addons/plugin.video.quest/addon.py with the file contained in addon.py

Again, thank you MetalChris for your video add-on efforts.
False alarm.  I found an old copy of version 2022.04.01, reinstalled it, and it works fine.  Sorry for the noise.

---------- old message ----------

Thank you MetalChris for this addon.  Recently it appears to have stopped working for me.

With version 2022.09.13 installed, I can view the list of shows and also the list of seasons under each show.  However when I choose a season I encounter a notice that indicates "Quest error:  Check the log for more information".
@MetalChris

Can some others please check the addon and confirm it is ok.  I just installed it (deleted and reinstalled) and I am getting the show menus but get the Check the Log error on clicking anything.  Kodi 19.4/Win 7  Quest 9 13 2022 Thanks.
(2022-11-01, 18:56)kodaksmith Wrote: False alarm.  I found an old copy of version 2022.04.01, reinstalled it, and it works fine.  Sorry for the noise.

---------- old message ----------

Thank you MetalChris for this addon.  Recently it appears to have stopped working for me.

With version 2022.09.13 installed, I can view the list of shows and also the list of seasons under each show.  However when I choose a season I encounter a notice that indicates "Quest error:  Check the log for more information".

Thanks for the report and the follow up.

They're probably monkeying around with their API again. If anyone else needs it, the previous version, 2022.04.01, is available here. Just make sure you have auto-update turned off if you're going back to the previous version.

If things stay stable with the old version for the next couple of days, I'll update the repo accordingly.
Thanks for that, went back to the old version (2022.04.01) and it is working fine.  My delay for programs opening is about 13 secs.
(2022-11-02, 02:10)barney63 Wrote: Thanks for that, went back to the old version (2022.04.01) and it is working fine.  My delay for programs opening is about 13 secs.

Cool. If there are no further hiccups over the next couple of days, I'll push an "update" to my repo.
Well, it was fun while it lasted, but Quest TV On Demand streaming has been shutdown.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quest TV0