QNAP: Migrating database from MariaDB 5 to MariaDB 10
Hi All,

I currently have Kodi running on my QNAP NAS with Maria DB 5 for the database.

I'm wanting to make the transition to Maria DB 10 as I'm going to transfer Home Assistant to also run on Maria DB.

I've installed Maria DB 10 onto my NAS which has the automatically taken over all of my Databases including the Kodi ones, I've changed PhpMyAdmin to point to MariaDB on 3307.

The issue comes when I try to get Kodi to see the new databased hosted on Maria DB via 3307. Looking at the debug logs it appears it can see MariaDB 10 and also connect to the database however within Kodi all my media, art and information etc. is missing and replaced with 0

https://paste.kodi.tv/ulovuqawet.kodi

Any suggestions on what might be the issue?

Thanks
(2022-04-07, 11:04)GTunney Wrote: however within Kodi all my media, art and information etc. is missing and replaced with 0

That sounds like a shitty way to upgrade a database by QNap/MariaDB. Whatever you do, don't remove the v5 databases just yet.

Using PHPMyAdmin (or your preferred MySQL tool), export both video and music databases of MDBv5.
Make sure to include views and triggers, and that databases/tables (schemas) will be recreated.
Since you are posting in the Linux subforum, are you using Linux clients for Kodi?

Double-check if the kodi database user for MariaDB v10 also has full access/admin rights, so nothing goes wrong there.
Thanks for the speedy reply.

I've tried exporting both video and music databases and then importing them into MariaDB 10 but still have the same issue.

I can confirm that the Kodi user has full global admin rights.

I posted in the linux forum as ultimately the QNAP runs on linux.

I'm starting to wonder if its anything to do with the tables being in MyIsam instead of Innodb.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
QNAP: Migrating database from MariaDB 5 to MariaDB 100