video backdrop support?
hi, I have a small mp4 (less than 3 MB). I know it's not supported...

I'd like to use it as a video backdrop for the Kodi home menu. It's 1080p.

I converted it to a gif. It's either not working at all or it's just bad quality and it refreshes without finishing. It's almost like a contant blinking.

I'd like to explore ways to use mp4 or any other true video format for backdrops. 

I appreciate any help & direction.
(2022-04-08, 15:26)3000 Wrote: It's almost like a contant blinking.
Sounds like it might be working but in the wrong anim .gif format (there's a lot of variation in the format) you would need the continuous loop play flag along with matching frames front to back. I've picked up a few of these in these forums, and as long as the skin supports it in settings they play out fine (in my example it's the skin Transparency! which is no longer supported) in my case it's a rolling image of a subways train that never stops, but the there is a minor gliche with the first & last frames not perfectly matching.

Suggestion: search out a skin/setting that supports home window background animation, insert one .gif from the forum and ensure it's running well; then replace it with yours.
I have already other gifs working on my skin. AOEN MQ8. (Unmatched by the way.)

I'm rather not fond of gifs. We need to move forward as the Kodi community. True video file backgrounds shouldn't be a taboo. Not anymore.

I challenge you people to make it happen. I'm willing to help or do it myself. However I need some directions.
(2022-04-08, 17:50)3000 Wrote: True video file backgrounds shouldn't be a taboo.

Who ever said they are? Upto now, a video background has simply never been in Kodi's design plans.
But if an application is "missing" a feature, it's a taboo now? That's a bit of a weird thought process...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
video backdrop support?0