Solved File name not what I created/can't rename
I find this bizarre but am no expert when it comes to this stuff so I'm looking for help. I have tv show Friends (1994) on a flash drive that I am using Kodi for(among others) but for some reason despite me naming the files correctly at the source, in Kodi, 2 odd file names contain Friends (1994) so when I go to TV shows, instead of seeing "Friends (1994)" it shows "100 Greatest Kids' TV Shows" and "Jinkou Shoujo: Henshin Sex Android." I have no idea what these are or even how they got here as it's certainly nothing I've viewed, searched or downloaded. If I go into them though, Friends (1994) appears there as normal and I can view and watch it like I want. I've tried to rename one folder and delete the other but they won't go away?? Please help?? I don't know how to get to any xml files or how to het to anything extra "behind the scenes." I really am a beginner/novice to an extent. Appreciate anything you can do.
Let's start with you providing us Kodi's debug log (wiki), so we can have some possible insight in your setup.
Send the log via a pastebin service please, as indicated below in bold red letters.

Also, Kodi does not rename actual files or folders on your video source(s). Anything scraped into the Kodi video library is set until you remove it from the library.
I was able to find a metadata editor as part of the skin I'm using that helped with this issue and seems to have resolved my issue. Thank you.
So you edit out the name but keep the wrong link in your scaped data. Sure, that'll work.
Thread marked solved.
The link was fine and taking me to exactly what I wanted. Changing the title in the metadata seems to have done what I wanted it to do. I was here for help and figured it out on my own. This is a help forum. No need to be a smart aleck or a prick.
And no need to insult people either. You have been warned.
All fine and case closed.

In your other forum thread you asked how to upload images, we told you how, and then you didn't upload anything.
We asked you share a debug log, and then you didn't get us one.
I asked you here for a debug log, and you again didn't provide one.

Just be sure who you want to start calling names at. People may not want to help you anymore the next time. But then again:
"If you did it yourself, you didn't need help" - George Carlin.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File name not what I created/can't rename0