music not loading into kodi
Hello all

I downloaded from youtube 4 songs from muddy magnolias with a youtube downloader.
These files are mp3

as a practice all my music (whether it is ripped from cd, vinyl or downloaded from youtube gets processed by musicbrains and the goes on my server music folder

I added this folder as a source in kodi

I add this folder to the library, and kodi picks up everything with the exception of this folder.

In my library if i go to the artist tab cannot find this file. however if i go to my source tab and select my music i see the above folder and i can play the songs in kodi.

I deleted the music database and re populated it  

What am i missing?

thank you for your help
Best regards to all
BikerDude
HTPC with 16gb ram M-Audio LT1010 sound card feeding McIntosh 7205 power amp Magneplanar 2.7r and Velodyne dd12. All connected to Sony smart tv.
All media on 2 fully redundant TrueNas VMs installed on Proxmox servers. Running Kodi. Everything works brilliantly until i screw it up
(2022-04-10, 07:15)BikerDude Wrote: I deleted the music database and re populated it  

And what happened with Muddy Magnolias this time?
If the problem has been fixed, there is no way to find out what went wrong the previous time.
hello thank you for responding

I deleted kodi and re installed it once again... no difference 

All my music files are all on the same folder on my nas. In that folder the music is sorted by artist then album the songs 

If i go (in Kodi) to music/files/ i find muddy magnolias, I see the folder there. If i then select the folder and right click and select play, it does play the songs. I also select to add this folder to the library.

However

Then I update the music library

Search for the artist ... and it's not there

I tried to got to playlist / add a playlist /file/artist, i cannot find this folder or any other folder from youtube that i tried to add to the library

Thank you for your time and help
Best regards to all
BikerDude
HTPC with 16gb ram M-Audio LT1010 sound card feeding McIntosh 7205 power amp Magneplanar 2.7r and Velodyne dd12. All connected to Sony smart tv.
All media on 2 fully redundant TrueNas VMs installed on Proxmox servers. Running Kodi. Everything works brilliantly until i screw it up

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
music not loading into kodi0