v19 Disabled Timers are "write protected": Could not update the timer.
I decided to try something new: I have deleted the "invalid" timer in the DMS webinterface. My expectation: Kodi will start and no longer crash after about 3 seconds / directly after "EPG data load finished". This would have proofed that the timer issue is also the Kodi crash trigger. Unfortunately Kodi still crashes. I have to wait until Kodi will no longer chrash ...
I found a simple method to avoid the crash at startup: I left the EPG window before the EPG data load finished.
Back to the v19.1.0 test:
  • The invalid timer is not visible in the timer overview, fine.
I returned to v19.0.2:
  • The invalid timer is visible in the timer overview and shows the same error behaviour.
Result:
The new version fixes the problem.

I suggest that the user should get some information about skipped timers because of limited TV channel availability. If not then someday a user will ask: Why are not all timers from the DMS webinterface present in Kodi?
(2022-04-22, 17:20)_Michael_ Wrote: Result:
The new version fixes the problem.

I suggest that the user should get some information about skipped timers because of limited TV channel availability. If not then someday a user will ask: Why are not all timers from the DMS webinterface present in Kodi?
Great. Right now I'm already creating an error log line. I might add a notification though.
(2022-04-22, 21:44)manül Wrote: Right now I'm already creating an error log line. I might a notification though.
This makes it complete, thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Disabled Timers are "write protected": Could not update the timer.0