v20 pkscout's Estuary mod for Kodi 20 (Nexus)
(2023-02-10, 00:59)pkscout Wrote:
(2023-02-09, 23:28)Ken.F Wrote: Thank you for making this!
Ever since upgrading to Nexus I've been trying to get the PVR Currently recording and Next recording indicators back like they were in Matrix. In the skin settings under TV, I set Submenu 1 to Next Recordings and got them back, but it put them below the Categories buttons instead of at the top of the screen. I edited Home.xml and moved the section for tvslot1 above the categories and that put the indicators at the top. I just can't figure out how to center them instead of being aligned to the left.
Look in Includes_mod.xml at line 748.  Change the alignment to "center" and that should do it.

Make sure you save your change somewhere.  If I ever update the mod (which I do when there are Estuary updates or fixes I need to make), the update would overwrite your changes.  In fact, I'm about to push an update to fix an issue I found with the Radio submenus.

Thank you. Making that change to Includes_mod.xml worked perfectly. I'll be sure to keep track of any changes that I make.
Thank you!
I've been using your mod since Kodi 17.  Now I am at 18 but finally upgrading LOL.  Thanks PKScout !
What exactly is the Background Diffusion setting under Artwork supposed to do? The set value doesn't seem to make any difference to what I see on the screen. I am running the projectM visualizer, perhaps that is why.
(2023-03-06, 11:59)msfc Wrote: What exactly is the Background Diffusion setting under Artwork supposed to do? The set value doesn't seem to make any difference to what I see on the screen. I am running the projectM visualizer, perhaps that is why.
It changes the diffusion of the background art on the various list screens if you have art enabled.  Here are two examples.  The first is with no diffusion (i.e. the artwork is unfiltered). The second is at 100% diffusion, meaning you can't see the artwork at all.  The choices in between give you different amounts of color overlay.  It helps balance between text readability (especially when background art has lots of white) and visual pop of the artwork.

(2023-03-07, 00:32)pkscout Wrote:
(2023-03-06, 11:59)msfc Wrote: What exactly is the Background Diffusion setting under Artwork supposed to do? The set value doesn't seem to make any difference to what I see on the screen. I am running the projectM visualizer, perhaps that is why.
It changes the diffusion of the background art on the various list screens

Thank you pkscout. So it has no effect on the music player FSD then? That would explain why I could not notice any effect.
(2023-03-15, 07:10)msfc Wrote:
(2023-03-07, 00:32)pkscout Wrote:
It changes the diffusion of the background art on the various list screens

Thank you pkscout. So it has no effect on the music player FSD then? That would explain why I could not notice any effect.
Nope.  That setting definition doesn't have anything to do with the music player FSD.  All the diffusions for that are set where there is text, and those don't have any settings associated with them.  There isn't anything for the entire background on the music player FSD.
I can't figure out how to install this for my Kodi.  1st I tried downloading it to my computer..then using ADB link..tried to push the zip to Kodi...but the zip didn't show up in Kodi. 2nd I tried downloading the zip  using Downloader, which it did, but after opening up Kodi...couldn't see the zip either.  I have added other things to Kodi using Github and have never had this problem.  If I put in the link in your post (https://github.com/pkscout/repository.sk...-1.2.0.zip) into Kodi file manager..it says link not found.

I'm using the Nvidia Shield 2019 pro , and using the Nexus 20.1 ...latest stable version
The repo link you are using does not work
This one does.
(2023-03-15, 23:11)DB42 Wrote: I can't figure out how to install this for my Kodi.  1st I tried downloading it to my computer..then using ADB link..tried to push the zip to Kodi...but the zip didn't show up in Kodi. 2nd I tried downloading the zip  using Downloader, which it did, but after opening up Kodi...couldn't see the zip either.  I have added other things to Kodi using Github and have never had this problem.  If I put in the link in your post (https://github.com/pkscout/repository.sk...-1.2.0.zip) into Kodi file manager..it says link not found.

I'm using the Nvidia Shield 2019 pro , and using the Nexus 20.1 ...latest stable version
You can't copy the text from the forum post and use it as a link.  It's truncated.  If you click the link the zip does get downloaded.  If you want to use that link in Kodi file manager, you can right click on the link in your browser and select COPY LINK.  The link in the post above is the same link as in the initial post.  You also need to right click and COPY the link to get it from the post above too.
Thank you both for your reply's. I was able to install it using Downloader, BUT I needed to change some permission's on the Shield first before it would see the file.
Thank you pkscout for taking the time to make this. I do like the customization with your skin.

What I was looking for was a way to make the clock smaller than the stock size it is with Estuary.  I saw in your skin you have 4 different font sizes. That did help out a little, but the clock is still larger than I'd like, similar to the size of the clock in the skin Amber. I have no clue how to do that, that is why I'm asking you if it's possible?

I don't like all the things included with the Amber skin, only the clock size.  If it's something you don't want to do, I understand. I have a large screen TV and just don't care for the large clock.
(2023-03-26, 19:59)DB42 Wrote: Thank you pkscout for taking the time to make this. I do like the customization with your skin.

What I was looking for was a way to make the clock smaller than the stock size it is with Estuary.  I saw in your skin you have 4 different font sizes. That did help out a little, but the clock is still larger than I'd like, similar to the size of the clock in the skin Amber. I have no clue how to do that, that is why I'm asking you if it's possible?

I don't like all the things included with the Amber skin, only the clock size.  If it's something you don't want to do, I understand. I have a large screen TV and just don't care for the large clock.
Making the clock size variable with a setting ends up being kind of a pain, but it isn't that hard to change manually.  Depending on which font selection you use, the change is in one of four places.  These files are all in the xml directory of the skin, which should be in your userdata/addons folder.  In all cases you can make the font size smaller and that should make the clock smaller.  I'm not sure what it will do to the position of the clock though (which is another complicating factor in making it a variable size).
  • For the Skin Default: Font.xml line 83
  • For Arial Based: Font.xml line 228
  • For Roboto Condensed: Includes_Mod.xml line 958
  • For  Roboto Flex: Includes_Mod.xml line 1115

Save the change, restart Kodi.  Anytime there is a skin update, your change would be overridden, so you do have to keep track of that so you can reapply it.
Yes I chose the Roboto Flex font, which has made the clock smaller, but what I was wondering is if you could add more font selections, then hopefully it will make the clock smaller. this is Amber clock size

/home/rob/Downloads/screenshot004.jpgImage
(2023-03-26, 23:18)DB42 Wrote: Yes I chose the Roboto Flex font, which has made the clock smaller, but what I was wondering is if you could add more font selections, then hopefully it will make the clock smaller. this is Amber clock size

/home/rob/Downloads/screenshot004.jpgImage
That's not something I'm willing to spend time on.  Every new font has different kerning and other sizing related changes.  So every font I add I have to go through every single screen to see if the size has caused any issues.  And just adding more fonts will not change the clock size in any meaningful way.  It's a combination of the font and the size of the font.  The Roboto Flex one is slightly smaller mostly by accident.  The size of the clock is a design choice, and I've decided to make minimal design changes to Estuary for my mod.  If you want a smaller clock, you need to change the size of the font for the clock.  I've given you the exact place to do that already.  If that won't work for you, you need to find a skin that has a clock the size you like.
(2023-03-26, 19:59)DB42 Wrote:  I have no clue how to do that, that is why I'm asking you if it's possible?

.  If it's something you don't want to do, I understand.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
pkscout's Estuary mod for Kodi 20 (Nexus)0