Timeshift of exact 7 seconds, for livestreaming
Hi there.

I am seeking for a difficult problem, and I am sure, Kodi can solve it.
But I am not good in getting it into programming.

Let's assume it was an annual general meeting
Several cameras are positioned in the event hall. To avoid hassle with the cables, I try to film with several smartphones. The filming is (via a home-made solution) getting streamed to a hardware mixing unit (blackmagic). This is running well.
But now I want to improve this, and I want to input one HDMI input of a high quality video camera. And, as you expected: yes, the camera is 7 seconds faster than the filming via smartphones, transferred via WLAN and getting into my mixing unit.
So, how to slow down the camera?

In video/streaming forums they talk about delay (in milliseconds), but I have about 7 seconds. So I expected, we can call this a "timeshift". Like a recorded tv movie via PVR, I can stop and start whenever I want. So KODI can do this.
But it is very difficult to get 7 seconds (or more or less), so the best thing would be to build a raspberry with KODI, getting it a HDMI input and running a personalised web interface, where to say, "please do a timeshift of X seconds".

The best thing would be, having 7 seconds, runned at start of Raspberry/KODI. The completely other stuff I created is ready to run at boot.
Afterwards it would be nice to have a web gui or even getting switches at the Raspberry Pi, to add or drop (milli)seconds.

Alltogether this is a live streaming solution at low cost.
Running Raspberry Pi, OBS and smartphones, it is completely for free (only to have these cheap hardware stuff).
And if possible to slow down camera input, you also can add perfect filmed pictures by film camera.
This would be a nice solution for having annual meetings of clubs and small organizations, streamed to their members.

Hopefully, you can help me to improve.
And, hopefully you see see the great benefit of it.
Would be great to getting it running.

All the best,
Jo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Timeshift of exact 7 seconds, for livestreaming0