Solved Which Filesharing Method Do I Need To Use?
I have 1 PC and 2 Samsung TVs connected to my router.. I have media on an external hard drive and it's connected to my 1 PC.. I'm running Linux Mint.. and I just want to watch the movies from my TVs.. What method of filesharing do I need to use?
Samsung TVs do they support media streaming ?
try services in settings 
UPnP  https://kodi.wiki/view/UPnP
@str8game

Don't start a new forum thread when you have no patience to wait for an answer in a previous thread. It's quite annoying having to give you a reply on the same subject in different places. So don't do that.
-bump
(2022-04-18, 23:10)str8game Wrote: -bump

I would highly  recommend Mezzmo.  I believe it is the premiere solution for streaming.  Feel free to ask questions.  I maintain the Mezzmo Kodi addon and have a Wiki page for Kodi.

** Update - I just noticed you are running Linux. Mezzmo is Windows based media server. It has been tested with Wine but I've never done it. I do have Mezzmo running on VM Workstation, which will run on Linux.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Samba or NFS would be pretty standard.  I do not know what your TV firmware uses but I be amazed if it didn't support one of those standards.
Need help programming a Streamzap remote?
It depends on your Android version. Each version has different methods.
I have NFS setup on my linux machine
but when I go in KODI and click to add NFS, it doesn't do anything.. it like kinda freezes for just a second like its trying to do something but nothing becomes of it

(2022-05-03, 21:19)str8game Wrote: but when I go in KODI and click to add NFS, it doesn't do anything.. it like kinda freezes for just a second like its trying to do something but nothing becomes of it

NFS browsing is broken with certain server/client combinations. For example, browsing still works for me in Ubuntu 18.04 as a server, but not in versions 20 thru 22.04.
You can however manually add the NFS connection(s) in the sources.xml file. NFS streaming does work.
im not even server/client anything yet.. everything I've done is only on linux
you can delete this whole thread if you want now man.. I've been trying to get Kodi setup for like 3 years now.. and i googled kodi alternatives and found out about one called Emby and I got it setup in like 15min
Thread marked solved.
(2022-05-04, 20:14)str8game Wrote: you can delete this whole thread if you want now man.. I've been trying to get Kodi setup for like 3 years now.. and i googled kodi alternatives and found out about one called Emby and I got it setup in like 15min

I'm interested in how you get your Samsung TV connected to the Emby server you set up. Could you explain please. Which Samsung TVs are you using?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which Filesharing Method Do I Need To Use?0