Reading and writing Kodi settings from add-on possible?
Hello all,

I've managed getting and setting ADDON settings fine, but have a couple of questions:
 - Once an Addon setting is set, is it active? Depending on the Addon perhaps?
 - is the same thing possible for General Kodi settings? Really need something applied there and hope to avoid restarting Kodi.

/x-stride
(2022-04-22, 12:51)x-stride Wrote: Hello all,

I've managed getting and setting ADDON settings fine, but have a couple of questions:
 - Once an Addon setting is set, is it active? Depending on the Addon perhaps?
 - is the same thing possible for General Kodi settings? Really need something applied there and hope to avoid restarting Kodi.

/x-stride

I can tell you my experience and my answer is "it depends".  It's up to the addon or Kodi to check a setting's value before using it.  I am not aware of a notification process where Kodi notifies when a setting has been changed.  Some addons check the settings value at startup or load and thus if a setting changes while it is running and it doesn't recheck, the change could get missed.  I find this more on service apps which often run a monitor loop vs. GUI based addons which get reloaded typically when the addon is called again.  

But if your question is about your addon checking a Kodi system setting then, as far as I know, that is up to you and your addon code.  If the question is when Kodi checks Kodi system settings, we'll need a Kodi Team member to try and answer.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Thanks. yeah, all depends on addons having their "OnSettingChanged" processed I guess.

Nice to see I can manipulate globals though Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reading and writing Kodi settings from add-on possible?0