Req Bookmarking forum.kodi.tv (and wiki.forum.tv)
Question 
The forum being
  • organized around systems & addons not subject-matters (e.g., to get IPTV on Kodi you browse Settings, PVR, Video Add-ons, and Programs --- and get overwhelmed with information not pertinent to your search
  • and not moderated (so as to remove dead wood timely),
it is practically as difficult to navigate as the greater internet itself.

You need bookmarks. In an old-fashioned (Netscape 3.x/4.x), editable bookmarks.html file. (Perhaps with markdown syntax to enable style/color?)
(2022-04-23, 08:19)DiMag Wrote: You need bookmarks.
Yes, it can be daunting to those not familiar with the Kodi forum. Lots of sub-forums, lots of threads. The moderators are kept busy moving, merging, splitting posts to their correct locations.
We do not design the forum software. Your request is better placed with the forum developers... https://mybb.com/
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I asked for this exact same request a few months ago. It was suggested that I could create a 'Kodi' favourites folder in my web browser and save all the Kodi pages I wanted to keep in there. 
Have to say, it works well for having a quick point of reference for the important stuff you might want to refer back to and not have search for it all over again on the forum.
(2022-04-23, 13:06)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-04-23, 08:19)DiMag Wrote: You need bookmarks.
We do not design the forum software. Your request is better placed with the forum developers... https://mybb.com/
@Karellen, wouldn't it strike them a weird if a non-user of their software suggested a new feature? Doesn't it seem more logical that the one who requests it is the Kodi foundation?
(2022-04-23, 18:29)DiMag Wrote: wouldn't it strike them a weird

Any well-founded and described feature request should not be a problem, no matter who the request comes from.
Unless I'm missing something, then isn't this covered by the ability to create a thread subscription?
(2022-04-26, 10:12)jjd-uk Wrote: Unless I'm missing something, then isn't this covered by the ability to create a thread subscription?
No, they are (a) neither coterminous, (b) nor equivalent in interface usability.
  • It has been my understanding that you can subscribe only to threads you have contributed something to. But you navigate a lot more threads.
  • Even if I am wrong in the above (and I would be gladly corrected), a thread subscribed to only means that you get email notifications of changes. This help means nothing once you are on the webpage of the forum. Or does it? Is there something like a drop-down list of your subscribed threads? Again I would be gladly corrected in thinking there isn't.
ADDENDA:
After reading @Karellen "'s reply, I feel I should retract my feature request. Not because it is equally well met by bookmarking in the browser (it isn't, as is obvious to everyone), but because there is nothing Team Kodi can do once it has made the strategic decision to entrust their forum engine to a third party.

I should also state that the bookmarking request is less (or not at all) pertinent to the wiki as it is already well organized.
(2022-04-26, 11:37)DiMag Wrote:
  • It has been my understanding that you can subscribe only to threads you have contributed something to. But you navigate a lot more threads.
  • Even if I am wrong in the above (and I would be gladly corrected), a thread subscribed to only means that you get email notifications of changes. This help means nothing once you are on the webpage of the forum. Or does it? Is there something like a drop-down list of your subscribed threads? Again I would be gladly corrected in thinking there isn't.

Wrong.

At the bottom of every thread there is the option to subscribe

You then choose if you want any notifications

The you can access from your User drop down menu

or bookmark direct URL https://forum.kodi.tv/usercp.php?action=subscriptions

This then shows all thread you're subscribed to

@jjd-uk  you are right. This is indeed very close to a bookmarks drop-down function. Thanks sincerely.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bookmarking forum.kodi.tv (and wiki.forum.tv)0