Req Can threads/posts take polls?
Question 
Taking a poll on an issue is a better way to indicate user support for (or resistance to) it than a disordered array of +1's and likes down the thread. Compare XDA Developers. Or Telegram channels.

If it is possible, I ask how to do it because it is not explained in the Help section.

If not, I submit a feature request.
@DiMag

Press the New Thread button
At the bottom of the page is a series of options. The very last one is to create a poll.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks @Karellen !

God be my witness, I had not noticed it.
What is more interesting, I was firm in the belief of its non-existence because (1) it is not mentioned in Help, and (2) have not yet (at least so recently as to remember) come across a thread using this feature. More specifically concerning (2), I am currently following the Xonfluence thread where the maintainer asks users what to include and not include in his next major revamp of the skin yet has not thought of conducting a poll.
@Karellen : I still don't see it...

This is my bottom of the page:
(2022-04-27, 13:10)DiMag Wrote: I still don't see it...

This is my bottom of the page:
Yea, its definitely not there. I guess it is a permissions issue.
Which forum do you intend to post the poll in? Can you check there? If the option is still not available there, let me know when you are ready to post the poll and where, and I can fudge the permissions to allow you to post the poll.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
If you need special permissions to post polls then I guess my question why even developers don't use them is answered. Nobody likes to beg.
(2022-04-28, 08:09)DiMag Wrote: If you need special permissions to post polls then I guess my question why even developers don't use them is answered. Nobody likes to beg.

It could also be a fluke setting in the forum permissions from our side, so we may need to dive into that.
BTW, you missed some 194 replies... Tongue
I checked the groups and settings, and it is indeed currently only team members and moderators who can start polls (although general users can post in them).

We can maybe take some internal team discussions as to whether this is something to widen or not to allow trusted users to also start polls.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Before going into session consider the following: Anything can be overdone, any privilege granted is certain to result in abused. However, from the point of view of management of your forum it is better to be faced with an abuse of polling than with an abuse of posting. A polling thread shall by definition contain just one post. A posting thread? A clutter.
Enabling/disabling polling is just a tick-box for the user groups here. At the moment it's enabled for mods and team members, but not for regular users. To change that is simply adding in a tick to the regular user group (same way that regular users gain the privs for PMs etc).

If it is switched on, polls would be available to add to any thread, there isn't a way to make it just for single post threads only.

Give us a little while to have an internal team discussion as to whether it should be enabled or not - it's more an admin question than a technical one from this point.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can threads/posts take polls?0