Kodi on a Steam Deck!
Obviously not much of a 'Build Log' here as it's an entire preassembled device, but no one had posted before.  This is Kodi, installed from a Flatpak on the Steam Deck, then added as a Non-Steam Game through Steam itself to allow all the controls to work easily.  I copied in all the settings and thumbs from my Windows machines, so it has access to my full SQL library as well.  An odd downside is that while in 'Desktop Mode' VAAPI is exposed, if you're running in Game Mode, VAAPI isn't exposed, so the Steam Deck is using software decoding only.  Though it's CPU does have the performance to software decode HEVC 4K at 24fps.  Hopefully Valve fixes this.

I can only manage to control it via the touchscreen, both in game mode and desktop mode, is that different for you?
(2022-04-26, 23:53)Razze Wrote: I can only manage to control it via the touchscreen, both in game mode and desktop mode, is that different for you?

In Game Mode I just started mapping various buttons to keyboard presses I wanted the same way I would any game.  Like the D-pad to keyboard arrows , A & B to Enter and Escape, then whatever other hot keys I needed for my use.
I've added default controller bindings to the beta flatpak, so it should work out of the box now.
(2022-05-02, 11:01)Razze Wrote: I've added default controller bindings to the beta flatpak, so it should work out of the box now.
Excellent! I had to bind the buttons when I got my deck. It hangs on exit 95% of the time which is kind of annoying, anyone else experience this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi on a Steam Deck!0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.