listitem(0).art(poster) showing tv show poster instead of season poster in my list
Got a bit of a strange issue.

I have a list filled with the following content, to show seasons on my infoscreen when a TV show is selected:

xml:

<control type="fixedlist" id="$PARAM[id]">
                <viewtype label="widgetlist">list</viewtype>
                <preloaditems>2</preloaditems>
                <orientation>horizontal</orientation>
                <focusedlayout/>
                <itemlayout/>
                <include condition="$PARAM[use_custom_content]" content="Container_Content_Path">
                    <param name="target" value="$PARAM[target]"/>
                    <param name="sortby" value="$PARAM[sortby]"/>
                    <param name="sortorder" value="$PARAM[sortorder]"/>
                    <param name="content" value="$PARAM[content]"/>
                </include>
            </control>

And then the parameters used are:

xml:

<param name="id" value="8010"/>
            <param name="target" value="videos"/>
            <param name="sortby" value="year"/>
            <param name="sortorder" value="ascending"/>
            <param name="content" value="videodb://tvshows/titles/$INFO[ListItem.DBID]/"/>

For some reason ListItem.Art(xyz) shows the tv show-level artwork at position (0). But for any other position, e.g. (ListItem(1).Art(poster), it will show the corresponding season poster.

I made a label to show the source of the artwork and I get the following:

if ListItem(0) is used... tvshow/poster.jpg
If ListItem(x) is used... tvshow/season0x-poster.jpg

Anyone got any ideas...?
Does the tv show happen to have a specials season that doesn't have a matching poster and is falling back to the tv show poster?
ahh I think I figured it out, having an external $INFO[ListItem(0).xyz] refers to the item currently focused on the infoscreen I think, even though my widget list has focus. If I add Container(8010).ListItem(0).Art(poster), then it works.
Thanks I think it's because I was calling the artwork from outside of my actual list (manually animated list), and the position 0 artwork seems to pull from the item focused on the infoscreen even when my widget list has focus
One thing I also noticed is:-

Code:
<param name="sortby" value="year"/>

Don't sort seasons by year some shows have the Specials season with a higher year than the first season. For example Breaking Bad:- https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/1396-breaking-bad/seasons

Season 1 - 2008
Season 2 - 2009
Specials - 2009
Season 3 - 2010

This will cause your Specials season to be between season 2 and 3.... Unless that's what you want Wink

There is a season sort method:-
Code:
<param name="sortby" value="season"/>
Ahh thanks, good point @roidy - thanks for the tip

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
listitem(0).art(poster) showing tv show poster instead of season poster in my list0