Gyration GYR4101 Play/Pause/Stop etc issue with Manjaro
I am trying to get my old Gyration remote working with a brand new build I have running.
Gigabyte A520I, Ryzen 5600G, 16G, 256g-nvme drive.
Manjaro 21.2.6 Kernel-5.15.32-1-Manjaro with gnome 41.5 64bit x86.64
Kodi 19.4
GIT 20220304-nogitfound
debug log
Its a Gyration GYR4101 remote that I have been using since the old Windows MCE days. I love this new build and not having to be on windows so I wanted to see if I can get this to work. At this moment, this is the last step to make everything perfect. I read somewhere on an old MythTV wiki that this board inside the remote is like sanctioned out, so some keys work differently than others. The Play, Stop, Pause, Fast forward, rewind, chapters buttons do not work and when pressed just bring up a Circle with a line through it stating the button is not working or used. The mouse buttons, volume, "OK" button and up, down, left right buttons do work.
The only thing I have installed so far to try and get to work was a remote add-on through Kodi's repository inside of Kodi. I tried to use this but since the buttons that don't work do not correlate to keys on a keyboard, the addon did not help.
I am still a bit new to daily driving a Linux build so if something is really technical I might need some explaining on how to "code something in" if that is the case.
I am also still trying to figure out if this is a straight up Linux OS issue or if this can be fixed inside of Kodi itself.
If there is anything in the above info on posting support info please let me know.
~ Ryzen 5 5600G APU | 16gig Corsair | Fractal Node 500 | Manjaro Linux | Gyration MC remote | 43" Visio

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gyration GYR4101 Play/Pause/Stop etc issue with Manjaro0