RPi4 HDR again )
Hello.
I checked lots of topics here, and dont quite understand, is RPi4 capable of playing HDR/DolbyV content currently, with latest LibreELEC and HDR/DolbyV supported TV?

The thing is, i recently bought 4k hdr tv (Philips 50pus7406) and struggling to achieve correct hdr play form RPi4.
I have tested Kodi for Android (it's an android TV) and it works fine, but the sound is incorrectly passed through and losing channels.
So, i tested Plex, and it also seems to work, even sound is correct, but plex is another story with his own problems.
I just wanted to stick to Kodi if it's possible for now.
My setup is RPi4 connected to the TV over HDMI
I have tried LibreELEC 10.0.2, even 11 latest nightly with no avail.
The problem is that videos display notification that content has HDR, but colors are a bit washed, on the same videos that play fine on TV apps. They are not completely washed off like all scene changes color, just a bit here and there but noticeable.
(2022-05-05, 17:37)Journeym Wrote: I checked lots of topics here

Have you also actually asked at the LibreELEC forum? AFAIK, HDR/HDR10 support should be coming along. Dolby Vision however is quite the proprietary stuff so may not get support at all. In case of doubt, provide debug logs at the LibreELEC forum.
Static HDR (HDR10/HLG) works (assuming TV supports it).
Dynamic HDR (HDR10+/DV) does not work.
Well, in general HDR works, but strange coloring is noticeable.
For example if i play this file MediaInfo
on Kodi i get this: 
And on plex this: (w/o recoding)
A quite noticeable color change, it's much less noticeable in darker scenes, but anyway.
Kodi for Android is playing everything correctly, so it seems this is some driver / hardware trouble.
There's a difference in format used between a 4kp24 and 4kp60 hdmi mode.
Do you see the same colours with both?
(e.g. set adjust display refresh rate, and then use a whitelist to force 4kp24 or 4kp60)
(2022-05-05, 19:28)popcornmix Wrote: Static HDR (HDR10/HLG) works (assuming TV supports it).
Dynamic HDR (HDR10+/DV) does not work.

Does HDR10+ get played as HDR10 or does this type of conversion not work properly?
(2022-05-14, 01:58)Shazb0t Wrote: Does HDR10+ get played as HDR10 or does this type of conversion not work properly?

HDR10+ files don't seem very common. I've searched around and found a few and it look like we set HDR metadata (i.e. from DRM the HDR_OUTPUT_METADATA property) once for the file, and the colours look plausible. We won't change this if it changes multiple times in the file (which likely means colours won't be correct, but the error may be subtle, depending on the file).

We'd really need someone who regularly watches HDR10+ content to comment to say how obvious the colour error is. But I suspect this content isn't too common.

In contrast DolbyVision won't set any HDR metadata, and the colour are very visible wrong.
Still haven't found the problem, tried 8k60hz cable, just to be sure, everything stays the same.
Also, unable to set 4k 60hz, kodi shows maximum of 30hz, though i have set hdmi_enable_4kp60=1 in config.txt, and using hdmi0 (closer to power connector)
Have a look at:
Code:
edid-decode /sys/devices/platform/gpu/drm/card?/card?-HDMI-A-1/edid
You need support for "3840x2160 60.000 Hz" using RGB or YCbCr 4:2:2 formats.
(2022-05-24, 13:38)Journeym Wrote: unable to set 4k 60hz, kodi shows maximum of 30hz, though i have set hdmi_enable_4kp60=1 in config.txt, and using hdmi0 (closer to power connector)

I had similar issues with RPi4B 8GB & 43PUS7906.
I found several mentions of having to enable HDMI Ultra Colour option or something along those lines but I could not find that setting anywhere.
Finally after combing through all the settings twice (once via Home and once via source 1) I found a relevant setting:
"HDMI EDID" version is set to "Automatic" bij default and that needs to be set to EDID 2.0.
If you go to settings > sources from the Home menu, that setting is greyed out,.
I needed to go to one of the HDMI-sources and subsequently open settings menu to be able to change it from automatic to EDID 2.0.
Much smoother playback after enabling 60 fps.
I used the Aerial screensaver for testing and with 30fps there was a lot of very noticable stuttering. With 60 fps playback was very smooth but in some videos the colours are still way off.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RPi4 HDR again )0