Solved Force alternate title for TV show
For TV shows, I'm using The TVDB scraper.

I have the TV show Air Crash Investigation in the following folder:
M:\Videos\TV\Air Crash Investigation (2003)

Every time I have to rebuild my TV show database, the scraper names the show Mayday (the primary title in TVDB).  I then have to manually edit the title back to Air Crash Investigation (an alias title in TVDB).  I admit this doesn't happen very often, but I'm managing several instances of Kodi for my parents and friends, so it becomes a bit tedious and annoying (and sometimes I miss it or forget).

Is there any way this can be done automatically?  I would like the scraper to get everything as per normal, but just use my alternate title.

I tried creating a tvshow.nfo file with the content below but it did not work.  However, I may be missing something.
xml:
<tvshow>
    <title>Air Crash Investigation</title>
    <uniqueid type="tvdb" default="true">79771</uniqueid>
</tvshow>

Thanks everyone.
(2022-05-05, 18:08)protogen Wrote: but I'm managing several instances of Kodi for my parents and friends, so it becomes a bit tedious and annoying
I don't know how many times you rebuild your library or how many libraries you maintain, but the simplest solution is to create one library, fix it, then export your library to nfo files and use those to build and rebuild your other libraries. Also install Artwork Dump so you have local artwork also.

(2022-05-05, 18:08)protogen Wrote: I tried creating a tvshow.nfo file with the content below but it did not work.  However, I may be missing something.
You want a Combination NFO file... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Combination
Don't add the uniqueid tag as it is ignored anyway.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-05-05, 20:58)Karellen Wrote: I don't know how many times you rebuild your library or how many libraries you maintain, but the simplest solution is to create one library, fix it, then export your library to nfo files and use those to build and rebuild your other libraries. Also install Artwork Dump so you have local artwork also.
I rebuild every time there is a hardware change (or something goes badly wrong) which is usually once every 2 years.  However, I manage 5 separate instances of Kodi, so that can translate to a rebuild every 4 or 5 months (depending on circumstances).  Unfortunately, all the instances have unique media collections so getting the scraper to work well is the best option (which it does except for this issue).  Air Crash Investigation is one of only a few TV shows that we all have in common.

(2022-05-05, 20:58)Karellen Wrote: You want a Combination NFO file... https://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Combination
Don't add the uniqueid tag as it is ignored anyway.
This is exactly what I was looking for.  It worked perfectly.  Thank you very much. Smile

For anyone interested, I did as Karellen suggested and created a Combination NFO file named tvshow.nfo with the contents below:
xml:
<tvshow>
    <title>Air Crash Investigation</title>
</tvshow>
https://thetvdb.com/series/mayday

Problem solved!
Great!! Smile

Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Force alternate title for TV show0