Library update not adding files
Question 
Hello. I use mysql database on my nas where my media is stored. I have devices setup to use this shared database instead of the local database. 
The thing is, kodi isnt scanning the media. Like, If i press upate library, it instantly finishes. I turned on debug logs and then triggered an update to check if an error was occurring or what. Here's what I got
Code:

2022-05-06 07:54:11.953 T:1900    DEBUG <general>: dbiplus::MysqlDatabase::connect replacing configured host 192.168.1.254 with resolved host 192.168.1.254
2022-05-06 07:54:11.968 T:1900     INFO <general>: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
2022-05-06 07:54:11.968 T:1900     INFO <general>: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00
2022-05-06 07:54:11.970 T:13928   DEBUG <general>: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (sources://video/)

Here's my sources file and my password file. 
xml:

<sources>
    <programs>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
    </programs>
    <video>
        <source>
            <name>Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.1.254/Media-Small/Movies</path>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.1.254/Media-Big/Movies</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>TV Shows</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.1.254/Media-Big/TV Shows</path>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://192.168.1.254/Media-Small/TV Shows</path>
            <allowsharing>true</allowsharing>
        </source>
    </video>
    <music>
    </music>
    <pictures>
    </pictures>
    <files>
    </files>
    <games>
    </games>
</sources>

and passwords:

xml:

<passwords>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://192.168.1.254/Media-Small/TV Shows</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://user:[email protected]/Media-Small/TV Shows</to>
    </path>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://192.168.1.254/Media-Big/TV Shows</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://user:[email protected]/Media-Big/TV Shows</to>
    </path>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://192.168.1.254/Media-Big/Movies</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://user:[email protected]/Media-Big/Movies</to>
    </path>
    <path>
        <from pathversion="1">smb://192.168.1.254/Media-Small/Movies</from>
        <to pathversion="1">smb://user:[email protected]/Media-Small/Movies</to>
    </path>
</passwords>

Whats happening here? Oh also, When I open kodi, it says no files in library yet, and shows a button for enter files section. And when I click that, It shows me two tiles named movies and Tv Shows. I can enter them, see all my media, and even play it. 
It cant be a perm issue then right?
I just dont know what i am doing wrong. Help would be appreciated 😅
(2022-05-06, 04:39)Chiggy Wrote: I turned on debug logs and then triggered an update
Please provide that full log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-05-06, 04:39)Chiggy Wrote: Here's what I got

We really don't have a crystal ball to "see" what else is in your log file.
So always provide a debug-enabled log file via a pastebin webservice as suggested below in bold red letters.
Sorry about that!
I've uploaded my kodi.log file here: https://paste.kodi.tv/ixasusidul.kodi
I enabled debug logging, closed kodi, deleted kodi.log file, started kodi, opened files section, started a launch, waited for it to end (took like 1 sec lol), wait 10 secondsm and then closed kodi again. After that I uploaded the logs. Hopefully these logs can tell what I messed up.
I was away for a few days, hence my delayed response.
Thank you.
Oh btw, forgot to mention in the original post, my movies and shows have nfo files and posters and all that stuff with it
(2022-05-06, 04:39)Chiggy Wrote: The thing is, kodi isnt scanning the media. Like, If i press upate library, it instantly finishes
Yes, its like there are no Sources added.
The Sources.xml file you posted is not really relevant. The paths for sources are kept in the database. The Sources.xml is for file view navigation.

Have you added the Sources to the library- ie have you set content and chosen a scraper?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-05-12, 11:06)Karellen Wrote: The paths for sources are kept in the database. The Sources.xml is for file view navigation.

Wow. I didnt know that. It actually makes a lotta sense.
(2022-05-12, 11:06)Karellen Wrote: Have you added the Sources to the library- ie have you set content and chosen a scraper?

Um, how do I do / check this?
(2022-05-12, 11:09)Chiggy Wrote: Um, how do I do / check this?
Follow this page... https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources

FYI, the sources.xml will feed these screens with the path information, and then the path is added to the database which is then used by the library and scanning/scraping operations
My Signature
(2022-05-12, 11:09)Chiggy Wrote: Um, how do I do / check this?
I should also mention that because you already have your sources in the sources.xml file, the screenshots in Section 2 on that wiki page don't apply so use the Context Menu and select Set Content or Change Content on the Source listed in your screen which will take you to Section 3 screenshots.
My Signature
It all makes sense now. Thank you so much! I've got it to scan and add stuff to library. 
When I went to video sources, I right clicked movies source, edited, clicked ok, and it showed "This contains None", when it should've said it contains Movies. That was the issue. Changing that makes it scan again. Again, Thanks a lot for the help!
(2022-05-12, 12:51)Chiggy Wrote: It all makes sense now. Thank you so much! I've got it to scan and add stuff to library. 
Great!! Glad its all working now.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library update not adding files0