Some Video are stucking, some are not, why?
Hello,

I'm quite new to Kodi, and I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong. All my Video are packed using the following codes:

- h.264
- h.265
- AC3
- E-AC3
- AAC

but for some reason, some titles do not play well. They start playing and most of the time after 2-6 seconds the video starts to jerk, and then finally stops without any further playback.
Is this a known issue? Any Idea where I can start debugging? Besides, all my Videos are packed for progressive playback.

Thanks in advance
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Hello again,

I just check my files using ffprobe, and I was able to find an issue!
As soon as the "compatible_brands" is "mp42isom" I have playback issues. if compatible_brands output of ffprobe is "isomiso2avc1mp41" I have no issues at all.
Does this have something to do with the Decoder of Kodi, or is this even a bug?
Post that debug log and we'll know more.
Please have a look (be aware that some information have been removed and replaced with "[Hidden for Privacy]"):

https://pastebin.com/5RPWvUD1
(2022-05-06, 14:03)venomone Wrote: Please have a look (be aware that some information have been removed and replaced with "[Hidden for Privacy]"):

If you wanted to remove the movie title, you forgot to remove a few more video tags such as "In Shane Blacks explosiver Neuauflage der Predator-Reihe beginnt die Jagd erneut..."
Just trailer stuff ^^
Looks like your hardware can't decode it -

ERROR: ffmpeg[3B14]: [h264] hardware accelerator failed to decode picture

Disable hardware acceleration?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some Video are stucking, some are not, why?0