Solved kodi.log spammed with "GLContextEGL::SwapBuffers" warning
Hi,

i'm a long time linux and kodi user, but this is driving me nuts, because i have no idea what this could be.

My kodi.log is flooded with messages like this.
Code:

WARNING <general>: CGLContextEGL::SwapBuffers: last msc time greater than interval
WARNING <general>: CGLContextEGL::SwapBuffers: last msc time greater than interval (1)
WARNING <general>: Skipped 11 duplicate messages..
WARNING <general>: CGLContextEGL::SwapBuffers: last msc time greater than interval
WARNING <general>: CGLContextEGL::SwapBuffers: last msc time greater than interval (1)
WARNING <general>: Skipped 9 duplicate messages..
WARNING <general>: Skipped 10 duplicate messages..
WARNING <general>: Skipped 6 duplicate messages..

multiple times per second...

besides of unneeded writed to the ssd, it also makes the log mostly unreadable to diagnose problems.

i could not find any useful hints what this could be in the forum, or google (besides a link to the github code resulting in this message).

Some information about my system:
Code:
Hostname: NAS
Kernel Release: 5.17.5-arch1-1
Uptime: 0:23
WM: openbox
Packages: 1081
Processor Type: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor
$EDITOR: nvim
Root: 53G / 259G (20%) (btrfs)
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580 Series
cd /pub/ && cat Beer
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Hehe - yeah, the reason is not directly applicable to an enduser. Long story short: There is an extension (see below) we use to actualy know when a certain frame for sure landed on screen. The extension cause issues with your GPU driver, you can find more information here: xbmc/windowing/X11/GLContextEGL.cpp
You can disable this extension in the x11 section of the advancedsettings (more info on the wiki):
Code:
<advancedsettings>
<x11>
<omlsync>false</omlsync>
</x11>
</advancedsettings>

The extension and what it does can be found here: https://www.khronos.org/registry/OpenGL/...ontrol.txt for your driver.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks a lot!!!

that seems to have fixed the message flooding Smile
cd /pub/ && cat Beer

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi.log spammed with "GLContextEGL::SwapBuffers" warning0