Win Batch replace <sorttitle> with <title> value?
Is there a way to batch replace <sorttitle> values with <title> values in a group of NFO files?   Or just clear the <sorttitle> value in a group of NFO files?   I have a bunch of videos that are non-scrape-able that I want Kodi to sort by the <title> metadata I've added but Kodi is sorting by <sorttitle> which is derived from the filename which is not the same as the <title> field.
Even if I manually replace every <sorttitle> field with a period (.) in Media Companion the sorting in Kodi then switches to "full path".  Ugh.
Also, in Movies Table view in Media Companion, keyboard copy and paste copies the filename not the Title (over to Sort Title field).  In order to copy Title you have to use the mouse context menu to select copy.   This makes manually copying each Title into the Sort Title field so much slower.   Ughhhh.

edit: correction - copy using keyboard copies *all* the fields, not just the Title field selected.
And editing all the Sort Title fields manually, resets/removes the video's watched status.   Ughh.
If you have not resolved this yet, than I think Notepad ++ can do what you want.

A tutorial i used for other textfiles at work, non Kodi related:
https://darrenoneill.eu/?p=1250

\ Robert
(2022-06-02, 08:06)Sylfest Wrote: If you have not resolved this yet, than I think Notepad ++ can do what you want.

A tutorial i used for other textfiles at work, non Kodi related:
https://darrenoneill.eu/?p=1250

\ Robert

I just got in the habit of copying the title to the sort title every time I edit the NFO data.
@ntropy 

As someone else pointed out, Notepad++ will do that, the search & replace can do batch editing. Just use the 'find in files' tab on the search dialog.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - Hunter S. Thompson
Using: Windows 10 Pro | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1.2 | Kodi 20.5 + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.6.5 | Kodi 21.0 + Aeon MQ7 Multi-Mod 1.0.1 | Kodi 21.0  + Aeon MQ9 Multi-Mod 1.1.9

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Batch replace <sorttitle> with <title> value?0